.NET MAUI Project and Item Templates for Visual Studio 2019
For users on Visual Studio 2022, check out the other all-in-one extension, .NET MAUI Project and Item Templates
Stay connected with my Developer Thoughts blog for more insights on .NET MAUI.
This VS extension is loaded with templates for working with .NET MAUI in Visual Studio 2019.
Has a project template for .NET MAUI Class Library and is named as:
- .NET MAUI Class Library (Preview 7)
And reg. Item Templates:
ContentPage and ContentView, in both XAML and C#.
Shell Page for defining app visual hierarchy and Resource Dictionary for managing resources, both in XAML.
- Content Page (.NET MAUI)
- Content Page (C#) (.NET MAUI)
- Content View (.NET MAUI)
- Content View (C#) (.NET MAUI)
- Resource Dictionary (.NET MAUI)
- Shell Page (.NET MAUI)
Note: Currently, these templates work with .NET 6 Preview 7. And to support further changes in newer .NET 6 releases, an update to this VS extension will be made available accordingly.
Version History (latest on top):
- Project template for .NET MAUI Class Library
- Item template for Shell and Resource Dictionary, both in XAML
- Templates updated to support .NET 6 Preview 7
- Removed the usage of IPage and IView from ContentPage and ContentView templates respectively
- Item templates for ContentView, in both XAML and C#
- Item templates categorized into a separate section titled MAUI for quick access
- Initial release of Templates