Have a better view of release management pending approvals.
Includes two dashboard widgets, one that shows the logged user release management pending approvals and another to show all pending approvals.
Optionally single click approve/reject can also be enabled.
After you install the widget in your account (see Get extensions for Visual Studio Team Services to learn how to install extensions) you need to configure your dashboard(s) to add the widget.
If you are unsure how to configure your dashboard, head up to the official documentation
This extension offer two dashboards widgets
- My Pending Approvals Shows the list of all releases that are waiting for an approval for the current logged user or from a group the user belongs to.
- Pending Approvals Shows the list of all releases that are waiting for an approval (the same release can appear multiple time if the approval currently needs to be approved by more than one person. Hover on the release to see the name of the approver). You can only approve on this widget if the approval is assigned directly to you and not to a group you belong to.
Both widgets have three configuration parameters
- Size The possible sizes: 3 columns 1 row, 3 columns 2 rows, 3 columns 3 rows. (if there are more releases that can fit the screen, a small scrollbar will be added)
- Show Approve/Reject actions (default is off) If this is enabled, each release (if the logged user is the approver) will have in front of it two icons. One two approve and another to reject a release.
- Sort by How approvals should be ordered
- Date (default) Approvals are sorted by creation date. Allows you to approve/reject first the approvals are waiting longer.
- Release Definition Approvals are sorted by release definition.
- Environment Approvals are sorted by environment name.
Data is sorted is descendent order
Note: Approval/rejection is a one click process. No confirmation and you cannot enter a message for the operation. If you wish to have the full approval/rejection experience you can click on the release and new window/tab will be opened with the release details.
If you find an issue, need help or have improvement suggestions you can do so by emailing [email@example.com](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Release Approvals) with "Release Approvals" as a subject.