Visual Studio IntelliCode (IntelliCode) is a set of AI-assisted capabilities that improve developer productivity with features like contextual IntelliSense, argument completion, code formatting, and style rule inference.
- 22.214.171.12485 - May 20 2019 - Bug fixes and C++ performance improvements
- 126.96.36.199197 - April 1 2019 - Bug fixes and performance improvements. Minimum required .NET framework version is 4.7.2.
- 188.8.131.52937 - March 14 2019 - Adds Microsoft.Rest.ClientRuntime.dll to the extension. Fixing minor bugs.
- 184.108.40.206318 - March 8 2019 - Adds argument completion suggestions. Improvements in accessibility, performance and reliability.
- 220.127.116.11495 - December 14 2018 - C++ model is now loaded out of process to reduce memory pressure and fixed bug where users sometimes could not train custom models. Minimum required .NET Framework version is 4.7.1.
- 2.0.265.7452 - December 04 2018 – AI-assisted IntelliSense for C++, XAML. Custom model training for C#.
- 18.104.22.168621 - September 10 2018 - Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- 22.214.171.12463 - August 14 2018 - Bug fixes and improved model delivery.
- 126.96.36.199933 - July 12 2018 - Code formatting and style rule inference.
- 188.8.131.52587 - June 7 2018 - AI-assisted IntelliSense for C# model improvement.
- 1.0 Initial release - May 7 2018 - AI-assisted IntelliSense for C#.
Note: there are minimum Visual Studio requirements to see AI-assisted IntelliSense by language; if you’re not seeing recommendations you may not have a high enough version of Visual Studio:
- C++ requires Visual Studio 2019 Preview 1 or higher
- C# requires Visual Studio 2017 Version 15.8 or higher
- XAML requires Visual Studio 2017 Version 15.9 or higher