Jump to version history
Post code to PasteBin directly from Visual Studio
You will need an account on PasteBin. Once you are logged in, you can retrieve your API key onthis page.
How to use it
Select some code and select the "Send to PasteBin" command in the Tools menu:
Edit the title, syntax highlighting, expiration date and privacy settings if necessary (the syntax highlighting will be automatically selected for common file extensions like .cs or .vb)
The first time you use the tool, you will be prompted to configure your account:
The user name and password are only required if you want to link the paste to your account; you can leave these fields empty if you want to post anonymously.
You can find the API Key on this page:
- 1.0.1: Minor improvements and bug fixes
- The Send to PasteBin dialog is now accessible even if there is no selected text or active document
- The Private and Post anonymously options are now remembered between pastes and between sessions
- Bug fixes
- Handle the case where the stored password can't be decrypted (e.g. if you migrate your settings to a different machine or account)
- Fixed an issue where neither the Post anonymously nor the Post as (user name) radio buttons were selected
- 1.0: First release