TFS work items are represented as Requirements, User Stories, Bugs and Test Cases. These software artifacts are
changed daily by team members. Many times, team has questions
1. Apply Baseline: Allow user to mark current version of workitems with user friendly baseline name. This applied
baseline can be used to retrieve current version in future.
2. View Baseline: User can select any flat query and view old baselined workitems.
a. View By Baseline Name: User will have option to select baselines those are applied by user.
b. View By Date: If user did not mark old milestone with baseline then user can trace "Date" as baselined.
c. Clear: User can reload current version by clicking on this.
d. Show only Difference: User will be showed only changed workitems after the baseline.
e. Show All: User will be showed all workitems. This is default selection.
3. Export to XML: User can export selected workitems information in XML file.
4. Export to csv(Excel): User can export selected workitems information in csv(Excel) file. NEW
5. Comapre Workitem versions: User can compare side by side version of the multiple workitems. NEW
Installation Instructions (Known Issue):
Sometimes installing .vsix does not work. So please install it by following steps:
1. Open "Visual Studio 2012 x86 Native tools command windows" from Start > All Programs > Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 > Visual Studio Tools.
2. Run below commands in "Visual Studio 2012 x86 Native tools command windows".
vsixinstaller AAI.WorkItemBaseline.vsix /admin
3. After this installation if extension does not load then uninstall extension from Visual Studio > tools > Extensions Manager, close visual studio and follow step 2 and start visual studio with below command.
Even following above steps does not work, please contact us here "Contact US".
We really appreciate your feedback. Please provide reviews, so we can improve this extension.
Getting Started: http://tfsextensions.com/workitem-baseline-2012.html