The WPF DataGrid control is a high performance datagrid used for efficiently displaying and manipulating tabular data. Its rich feature set includes functionalities like data binding, editing, sorting, filtering, grouping, and exporting to Excel and PDF file formats. It has also been optimized for working with millions of records, as well as handling high-frequency real-time updates.
Features and Benefits of WPF DataGrid Control
- Instant loading - DataGrid can load millions of records instantly.
- Fast data processing - Data processing operations like sorting, filtering, grouping, summaries, and real-time updates are handled efficiently using PLINQ.
- Print and export - Quickly print and export the datagrid content to Excel or PDF file formats.
WPF DataGrid has data-binding support to work out-of-the-box with all popular data sources like SQL server, Oracle, DataTable, and IEnumerable, and data providers like LINQ to SQL, ADO. NET, Entity Framework, and WCF Data Service.
Seamless editing experience
- Use different built-in column types such as ComboBox, DateTime, and MultiColumn DropDown.
- Embed any control, such as a progress bar or rating, to view or edit the data in a cell.
- Commit or rollback changes when the data object implements IEditableObject.
- Add new records dynamically.
- Built-in data error indication and validation to Validate cells and display error information.
Learn more about editing
- Sorting - Sort data against one or more columns with multiple customization operations. You can also sort by caption summary values when the grid is grouped, or by writing custom logic.
- Grouping - Group data by one or more columns either through mouse and touch interactivity in the group drop area or in code behind. Or group data with custom logic. Learn more
- Filtering - Filter data with the filter row filter or an intuitive, built-in, Excel-inspired filtering UI. Learn more
- Summaries - Calculate and display sum, min, max, average, count, and custom aggregates in a table or group. Display summaries with different summary types
Selection and Clipboard operations
Select rows or cells in a similar way to Excel for all keyboard navigations.Also, perform clipboard operations such as cut, copy, and paste within a control and between other applications such as Notepad or Excel.
Learn more about selection
The appearance of a datagrid and its inner elements, such as rows, cells, columns, headers, and summary rows, can be customized easily by using styles and templates.
Learn more about styles and templates
- Data virtualization - Create records on demand by automatically enabling data virtualization. Load millions of records of data instantly with virtualization enabled.
- Paging - Manipulate data using the SfDataPager control to view records in multiple pages. SfDataPager also supports on-demand loading of data.
- Incremental loading - Load data while horizontally scrolling (on-demand data loading). This is supported when the ItemsSource is derived from the ISupportIncrementalLoading interface.
Manipulate data using the SfDataPager control to view records in multiple pages. SfDataPager also supports on-demand loading of data.
- Excel, PDF, CSV export - Support to export the datagrid to Excel and pdf file formats with the rich set of options.
- Print - Support to print the datagrid with several printing customization options.
Download Free Trial
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Research Triangle Park, N.C., Syncfusion has more than 20,000 customers and more than 1 million users, including large financial institutions, Fortune 500 companies, and global IT consultancies.
Today we provide 1000+ controls and frameworks for web (ASP.NET Core,
Vue), mobile (Xamarin,
WinForms, WPF &
UWP). We provide ready-to deploy enterprise software for dashboards, reports, data integration, and big data processing. Many customers have saved millions in licensing fees by deploying our software.
firstname.lastname@example.org | Toll Free: 1-888-9 DOTNET