Manage license headers for your source code files in Visual Studio.
New files will automatically include the license headers defined in the current project.
License Header Manager allows you to:
- Define license headers per Visual Studio project and per file extension
- Share license headers between projects via "Add as Link"
- Add, remove and replace headers at any time for one or all files
- Put your license headers in #regions
Documentation on GitHub
Version 5.0.1 includes:
- NullReferenceException when performing a clean installation of LicenseHeaderManager instead of an upgrade (#170)
Version 5.0.0 includes:
- Support for Visual Studio 2022 (#141)
- Breaking Change: Support for Visual Studio 2019 + 2017 is provided via separate package available on GitHub as LicenseHeaderManager.2019.vsix due to constraints in Visual Studio extension model.
- Breaking Change: Support for Visual Studio 2015 has been dropped due to constraints in Visual Studio extension model.
Version 4.0.0 includes:
- Decouple core functionality from Visual Studio extension project into independent library (#123)
Version 3.0.3 includes:
- Add support for Visual Studio 16.1 and greater (#112)
Version 3.0.2 includes:
- Fix a bug where adding new linked commands would require a Visual Studio restart (#111)
Version 3.0.1 includes:
- Fix Settings not working correctly (#108)
- Add .cshtml and .vbhtml to Languages (#106)
Version 3.0.0 includes:
- Drop support for Visual Studio 2012 and Visual Studio 2013. If you need support for Visual Studio 2012 or Visual Studio 2013, version 2.0.3 can be downloaded from github.com.
- Add Visual Studio 2019 support. (#103)
- Fix Typescript Language Skip Expression to respect multiple reference elements. (#102)
- Change solution level definition file to be defined with UTF8 rather than ANSI. (#95)
Version 2.0.3 includes:
- Add "Solution level header definition file" (#58) (see wiki for more information)
- Fix "Package does not load" (#84)
Version 2.0.2 includes:
- Fix "LicenseHeaderManager throws "The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))." when trying to add the LicenseHeader" (#68)
- Fix "Visual Studio crashes sometimes when trying to execute 'Add License Headers to All Projects' on Solution" (#75)
Version 2.0.0 includes:
- Added support for VS2017 (#57)
- Dropped support for VS2010. If you need support for Visual Studio 2010, version 1.7.3 can be downloaded from github.com.