Micro Focus Visual COBOL
COBOL is the engine driving the world’s most critical business applications. More than two million end-users worldwide, including the major players in finance, manufacturing, logistics, and government services, rely on it for their business-critical systems. Accurate, consistent and proven technology, there are billions of lines of active application code at work, right now. COBOL is the heartbeat behind millions of business transactions every day. And now Visual COBOL is ready to take these business applications to the next level.
Visual COBOL delivers all the benefits of application modernization without the need for costly rewrites or replacements. By choosing to re-use instead, you leverage your organization’s most valuable assets while delivering new technology capabilities and business services to your customers.Visual COBOL is the next generation of COBOL development and deployment tools for critical business applications. The Visual COBOL product family includes a broad range of solutions for enterprise application development and deployment.
Visual COBOL for Visual Studio 2012
With Visual COBOL for Visual Studio, enterprise application developers can better collaborate together, streamlining development projects and process, through unified tooling. Developers now have the ability to maintain and re-use existing COBOL based applications, side by side, with modern languages and technology framework, such as .NET and Azure. Visual COBOL provides the developer a unique set of capabilities to more efficiency, and effectively work together, thereby increasing overall capacity and quality at a lower cost to the business.
Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 uses Visual COBOL as a .NET language, integrated with the .NET development tools, and complete with a rich set of COBOL development productivity features. These tools including the editor and debugger, project templates for native, and managed or web applications; Visual COBOL extends the IDE by inheriting and improving the benefits, features, and capabilities available to other languages within this framework.
Visual COBOL Benefits
Visual COBOL delivers powerful capabilities and benefits to the business organization and development community.
For the organization, such benefits include:
• The re-use and re-purpose of critical business applications / business rules
• The ability to move critical applications into a strategic, innovative position for the business
• The ability to pursue new opportunities, through new markets and new customers.
• Responding to the IT skills crisis -- Reducing the risk and impact on core business applications
• Preserving your competitive advantage
• Improving the quality and reach of core business application
For the development team, such benefits include:
• Improved development team collaboration within and across projects
• Higher quality of software delivery
• Greater application development productivity—as high as 40% improvements.
• Use industry leading development tools for COBOL application development
Micro Focus Developer Community
Watch the Video