Progress Software with its DataDirect technology lines is the world leader in data connectivity, offering the most comprehensive software solutions for connecting the world's most critical applications to data and services, running on any platform, using proven and emerging standards.
Visit Company Website
Progress DataDirect Connect for ADO.NET Providers
DOWNLOAD FREE TRIAL
- Operating system authentication (aka Single Sign-On) via Kerberos
- SSL data encryption
- Optimal use of .NET Framework security controls
Enterprise Application Functionality
- Connection failover and load balancing
- Bulk load operations via ADO.NET Bulk APIs
- Side-by-side installation
- Load balancing
- ClickOnce deployment
- SQL up-leveling
- Interoperability between databases and different versions of each database
- Single Sign-On
- Statistics in Entity Framework
- Support for LINQ, Entity SQL, and Microsoft Enterprise Libraries
- Seamless integration with Visual Studio 2005, 2008 and 2010
- Support for LightSwitch
- One provider supports all versions of a database
- Statistical counters integrated with Windows perfmon
- Full Unicode and ANSI character set support
- Built-in runtime troubleshooting and tracing capabilities
- Advanced data type support
- Distributed transaction support
- Connection Statistics and Client Monitoring Information
- Asynchronous Commit Functionality – Control whether aspects of a commit operation are performed synchronously or asynchronously. Provides better control so you can make trade-offs between transaction control and application response time
- Support for .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and 4.0
- 32-bit and 64-bit version support
- Support for .NET Framework 1.x
- Silverlight Support
Exposes the Full Range of Oracle, DB2 for iSeries, and Sybase Features to ADO.NET Entity Framework (EF 4.0 and 1.0) Applications
By leveraging a100% managed code, wire protocol architecture, there is absolutely no need to deploy client libraries with Entity Framework applications. In addition, this architecture delivers the best possible runtime performance to all Entity Framework (EF 4.0 and 1.0) applications.
Improves the Performance and Scalability of .NET Applications
- Outperform other providers in throughput capacity and memory / CPU utilization.
- 100% managed, making no calls outside the .NET runtime environment. Completely eliminating reliance on non-managed components dramatically improves application performance and scalability.
- High-performance ADO.NET Bulk Load capability enables loading large amounts of data into relational databases very quickly, without requiring application code changes or additional bulk load tools.
Provides Comprehensive Database / Platform Coverage from One Vendor
DataDirect serves all your data connectivity needs, for any API (JDBC, ODBC, .NET) for any major database—SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Sybase, and more, while offering extensive platform support.
Enables Faster, More Flexible Deployment
Because Connect for ADO.NET's wire protocol architecture doesn't require database client libraries, the DataDirect provider supports "side-by-side" installation, allowing you to run multiple applications using different versions of the database on the same machine. This eliminates the need to re-qualify unrelated applications if an application is updated.
Makes it Easy and Cost Effective to Support Multiple Databases and Database Versions
One provider supports simultaneous connections to multiple versions of a database, which significantly reduces the costs of deploying and testing applications against multiple database versions and their client libraries.
Reinforces Your Security Strategy
- SSL data encryption - Secures the integrity of your data and provides client/server authentication
- Operating system authentication via Kerberos - Allows you to include database access in a Single Sign-On environment
- 100% managed code - Ensures no reliance on components outside the .NET managed environment, allowing the application to take full advantage of the security controls in .NET
Guarantees Reliability for Demanding Production Environments
DataDirect providers are quality tested and certified using our extensive ADO.NET Verification Suite (ADOVS), verifying all supported Windows platforms and database versions. We also test ADO.NET conformance using the Microsoft LTM (Local Test Manager). This comprehensive testing ensures that you can develop the most robust .NET application.
Offers 100% Specification Compliance and Robust Functionality
DataDirect providers are certified for use with .NET Framework versions 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0 (32-bit and 64-bit), are fully compliant with ADO.NET 3.5, and offer advanced functionality such as:
Reduces Total Cost of Ownership through Superior Technical Support
Focused on database connectivity, our award-winning support includes 24x7 phone, web, email, forum, and an extensive knowledgebase. Superior technical support is essential to resolve data connectivity issues quickly, thereby reducing the total cost of ownership of software.
DOWNLOAD FREE TRIAL