If you receive a message about disabling this extension, please disregard. If you click “Disable this extension”, Analysis Services projects will no longer load. You will need to re-enable the extensions through Extensions and Updates.
New in the March 13th, 2020 Release of Microsoft Analysis Services Projects (VSIX Update 2.9.6):
- Fixed issue where button may have been unreadable.
- Fixed issue where renaming a hierarchy could rename the incorrect hierarchy.
- Fixed issue where using the command line to build a Multidimensional project with a large amount of roles would fail.
If you encounter any issues with this latest release, you can get the previous release (2.9.5) at https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2124033
In VS2019, with Per Monitor Awareness enabled on some High-DPI machines, users may hit an error when opening certain PowerQuery dialogs. To work-around this issue while this issue is being investigated, please disable Per Monitor Awareness in VS2019 (Navigate to Tools in the Menu bar, then click ‘Options’. Next, under the Environment tab click ‘General’ and uncheck the option 'Optimize rendering for screens with different pixel densities'.
New in the February 4th, 2020 Release of Microsoft Analysis Services Projects (VSIX Update 2.9.5):
- Fixed various High DPI issues in VS2019.
- Fixed issue where the role manager would flash or freeze.
- Fixed error where exploring table data could throw “Could not load file or assembly Microsoft.VisualStudio.DpiAwareness”.
- Fixed error where deploying Multidimensional model could fail with error “Object reference not set to an instance of an object (Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Project.AS)”.
- Fixed issued of object reference not set to instance of object error when deleting a calculated table.
- Fixed issue where opening a project would sometimes throw the error “The item already exists in the collection”
- Fixed issues with the MDX Cube debugger.
- Fixed issues with localization.
- Fixed issue where Role properties dialog would not find new users.
New in the December 11th, 2019 Release of Microsoft Analysis Services Projects (VSIX Update 2.9.4):
- Fixed issues where controls may have been abnormally sized, especially in high DPI situations.
- Fixed issue where deployment dialog in Multidimensional projects would not show correctly in VS2019.
- Fixed issue that may have crashed Visual Studio when moving hierarchies while in diagram view for Tabular Projects.
- Fixed issue that may have crashed Visual Studio when setting calc members in multi-dimensional projects.
- Fixed issue with the DAX auto-complete functionality within the formula bar.
New in the November 1st, 2019 Release of Microsoft Analysis Services Projects (VSIX Update 2.9.3):
- Accessibility improvements for multiple designers
- Added support for MSOLEDBSQL provider
- Fixed issues that may have caused a hang when trying to switching between view tabs in multi-dimensional project designers
- Fixed an issue causing "SSIS Excel Destination Error - No tables or views could be loaded" when configuring the Excel Destination Task in the SSIS Designer when both SSIS and SSAS extensions were installed
- Improved the behavior between the property sheet and selection service in tabular projects when setting properties on some objects
- Fixed an issue in DAX editor\parser when using international list delimiters
- Improved table import performance
New in the October 8th, 2019 Release of Microsoft Analysis Services Projects (VSIX Update 2.9.2):
- Fixed an issue that would prevent being able to open SSIS projects.
- Added support for 1500 compatibility level which includes calculation groups and many to many relationships. More details can be found on the blog post: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/updates/ssdt-support-for-1500-compatibility-level/
- Improved performance while editing inside the diagram view.
- Fixed various crashes and hangs.
- Updated PowerQuery components and Mashup engine to SU09
New in the September 20th, 2019 Release of Microsoft Analysis Services Projects (VSIX Update 2.8.19):
- Fixed an issue where editing expressions would throw a nullable object error in Power Query UI in Tabular models.
- Fixed issues related to a regression in .NET 4.8 that causes crashes in Visual Studio.
- Fixed an issue where DAX functions would show syntax errors in the DAX editor.
- Fixed an issue where there was a hang on deployment in Tabular models.
New in the September 12th, 2019 Release of Microsoft Analysis Services Projects (VSIX Update 2.8.18):
- Fixed an issue where trying to get data from an Analysis Services server would throw an "Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.PowerBI.AdomdClient'" error.
- Fixed an issue where an AS Connection in SSIS could not connect to Azure Analysis Services.
- Updated PowerQuery components and Mashup engine to SU08 (for 1400 compatibility-level models)
- Added a "Refresh Credential" menu item in 1400 compatibility-level models.
Changes in Previous Releases:
RSS Feed for SSDT
Package includes support for Tabular and Multidimensional projects. After creating a new model project by using one of the templates, you can begin model authoring by using the designer tools and wizards included in the chosen project type. Among other things, you can import existing models from a server or from Power Pivot or start a new, blank model project.
Analysis Services modeling projects integrate with source control, such as Team Foundation Server and many third-party source control plug-ins. If you have configured Visual Studio to use source control, you can use check in/check out from Solution Explorer.
Visit https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/analysisservices/ for the latest information, tips, news, and announcements about Analysis Services directly from the product team.
Preview Release Candidate Builds
If you'd like to have early access to release candidate builds before they are published to the VS Gallery, we’re making available to give customers an opportunity to provide feedback prior to finalizing releases. To access the release candidate of the extensions in Visual Studio, you may do so by creating a “private gallery” and entering the following settings.
- Navigate to Tools > Options and then select Extensions and Updates under General.
- Under "Additional Extension Galleries", enter the following details:
- Name: Microsoft BI VSIX Preview
- URL: http://aka.ms/ProBI-VSIX
After entering these settings, your "Extensions and Updates" dialog will show updates for the extension when there is a new release candidate that you can install to provide feedback for a day or two before the VS Gallery VSIX is updated.
Provide feedback and report issues with this Vsix Package or Analysis Services modeling projects in general to: ProBIToolsFeedback@microsoft.com.