If you receive a message about disabling this extension, please disregard. If you click “Disable this extension”, Analysis Services projects will no longer load. You will need to re-enable the extensions through Extensions and Updates.
New in the March 26th, 2019 Release of Microsoft Analysis Services Project (VSIX Update 2.8.11):
- Fix for Table Properties dialog not displaying after clicking the menu item
- Fix for Visual Studio crashing when adding a member to a Multidimensional role
- Fix for not being able to add AAD Members to a role in a Tabular model
New in the March 19th, 2019 Release of Microsoft Analysis Services Project (VSIX Update 2.8.9):
- Improved update experience. Shared BI components used by AS\RS\IS SSDT projects are now semantically versioned to allow updating independently regardless if other packages still depend on a previous semantic version of the shared components. Users should no longer have to uninstall each of the AS\RS\IS pkgs manually before upgrading any one of them.
- Note: There still is a minimum VS2017 version of at least 15.7 required in order to install the AS\RS projects due to dependencies on the v15 SSDT relational components that were version-bumped up from v14 in that release)
- Fixed several instability issues using AS Tabular 1400 compatibility-level projects with Power Query that may have caused hangs, high memory consumption, memory leaks and\or crashes in Visual Studio
- Fixed a performance issue in AS Tabular projects using Power Query to import many tables
- Improved user feedback to show detailed progress during import of tables into AS Tabular models when using Power Query
- Fixed an issue when processing an AS Tabular model using Power Query that would appear to hang while validating data sources and credentials (performance improved and progress now displayed to improve experience)
- Fixed an issue that could cause the AS Tabular model Power Query editor to hang on import if partition path name was too long
- Fixed an issue in AS Tabular models Power Query editor when selecting "Close and Update without Processing" that made VS appear unresponsive until operation was complete
- Fixed an issue with AS Tabular models that caused right-click of a data source in model explorer to do extra work and appear to hang for larger models while the action finished
New in the February 27th, 2019 Release of Microsoft Analysis Services Project (VSIX Update 2.7):
- Fixed an issue in 1400 model where having a long query name (> 80 characters) could cause instabilities.
- Fixed an issue with tabular models where details of an auto sum measure were not visible until the designer was closed and reopened.
- Improved experience for users in 1400 models for errors while validating credentials with multiple data sources.
- Fixed an issue with 1400 models where validating an invalid partition query could sometimes show a spurious error.
- Fixed an issue with multi-dim models where sometimes a relationship on a calculated table would not be persisted in the model.
- Fixed an issue where hidden measures did not wrap correctly.
New in the February 15th, 2019 Release of Microsoft Analysis Services Project (VSIX Update 2.6):
- We reverted code from version 2.5 that was causing issues with processing a multi-dimensional database/cube and hangs when validating credentials in a 1400 level tabular model. Fixes included in that version are currently not available. We are working on getting those fixes in an updated version that doesn't contain the regressions introduced in 2.5.
New in the October 5th, 2018 Release of Microsoft Analysis Services Project (VSIX Update 2.2):
- Fix for error occurring when clicking on Aggregations tab in a Multidimensional project
New in the October 4th, 2018 Release of Microsoft Analysis Services Projects (VSIX Update 2.1):
- Fix for AS Tabular projects for an issue where the measure grid is empty even though measures exist
- Fix for AS Tabular projects being unable to generate query for OData source
New in the September 27th, 2018 Release of Microsoft Analysis Services Projects (VSIX Update 2.0):
- Fixed an issue in the Partitions dialog for tabular models where the Table Preview button was disabled for tables imported by query
- Updated PowerQuery components, fixed an issue where merge operation may have failed with “Token semicolon expected"
- Fixed an issue that may have caused a hang to occur in certain cases when deploying a 1400 tabular model if discover_XML_metadata returned an error from the Analysis Services engine
RSS Feed for SSDT
Package includes support for Tabular and Multidimensional projects. After creating a new model project by using one of the templates, you can begin model authoring by using the designer tools and wizards included in the chosen project type. Among other things, you can import existing models from a server or from Power Pivot or start a new, blank model project.
Analysis Services modeling projects integrate with source control, such as Team Foundation Server and many third-party source control plug-ins. If you have configured Visual Studio to use source control, you can use check in/check out from Solution Explorer.
Visit https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/analysisservices/ for the latest information, tips, news, and announcements about Analysis Services directly from the product team.
Provide feedback and report issues with this Vsix Package or Analysis Services modeling projects in general to: ProBIToolsFeedback@microsoft.com.