Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2017 is a free Visual Studio addin that makes it easy to browse and modify Oracle schema objects and data, edit and debug PL/SQL, generate SQL deployment scripts, perform schema comparisons, tune SQL and .NET app performance, and more. It is a required component to enable development with Entity Designer and Table Adapter Configuration Wizard. Use these tools with Oracle Database servers on any platform (Linux, Unix, Windows).
- Browse and modify an Oracle Schema - Use Server Explorer to connect to and browse your Oracle schema and view and modify data. Then launch one of many Oracle designers and wizards to create and alter schema objects.
- PL/SQL Editor and Debugger: Leverage all of your favorite Visual Studio debugging features from within PL/SQL code. You can even seamlessly step from your .NET code into your PL/SQL stored procedure code and back out again!
- SQL Script Editor and Execution Engine: Edit Oracle SQL*Plus scripts and run them from inside Visual Studio.
- Oracle Database Project: Store a set of SQL scripts representing your schema in Oracle Database Project and check them into source control. Build a single SQL deployment script that takes dependencies into consideration.
- Schema Compare Tools: View differences between two schemas and generate a diff script that can modify a target schema to match the source schema. Compare live database instances and/or an Oracle Database Project containing a set of SQL scripts representing a schema.
- SQL Tuning and Application Tuning tools: Use Oracle Performance Analyzer to tune your .NET application's use of Oracle Database via a single click of a button. The database is then monitored under load and recommendations are made. You can also execute and tune ad-hoc SQL statements in Query Window with SQL Tuning Advisor.
- Multitenant Container Database Features: Developers using Oracle Database 12c can easily and quickly create, clone, plug or unplug pluggable databases for use during development and testing.
- Online Help: The Oracle SQL and PL/SQL User Guides, Oracle Data Provider for .NET Developer's Guide and Error Messages and Codes are available as online help and searchable.
- Entity Designer and Table Adapter Configuration Wizard: These tools provide integtration with built in Visual Studio data features and are required if you wish to use these designers and wizards.
- Manage Users, Roles and Privileges: Create Users and Roles using graphical designers. Assign privileges to the roles and assign roles to users. View the Users and Roles in Server Explorer.
This free install includes:
Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio
Oracle Data Provider for .NET, Managed Driver
Oracle Providers for ASP.NET (Managed)
Product Screenshots (click to enlarge)
Browsing the Oracle schema (left) and editing
and debugging PL/SQL (right)
Oracle Table Designer
Oracle Schema Compare results
SQL script editor (left) and Oracle Database
Oracle Query Window with SQL Tuning Advisor
Oracle Performance Analyzer results