Visual Studio Build Timer
Times the build of your Visual Studio solution and shows how much time is spent building each project.
Open the tool window from the top menu View -> Other Windows -> Build Timer.
Start building your Visual Studio solution. Build Timer records time spent building each project and creates a timeline presented as a bar chart. The timeline allows you to see:
- the projects that take longer to build
- dependencies between projects i.e. one project waiting for another before starting building.
- color coded bars indicate which projects built successfully, failed or are in progress.
- The grid can be sorted by any column by clicking at the column header. Some common use cases are:
- Sort by duration to see the projects that take longest to build
- Sort by build end-time, the end-time of the last project in the list is the total build time of the solution.
- Sort by the "Succeeded" column to easily see the projects that failed.
- Export table with build metrics as CSV: right-click on the grid and select "Export ...".
Timer icon made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com is licensed by CC 3.0 BY.