NOTE: With update 1.0.4, all functionality of this project was merged into "Extended Visio Addin" project. Please use taht one instead. This one is deprecated and will not be maintaned. Just select "COM Addin" as add-in type when creating a project using that template.
This extension contains a project template to create a Microsoft Visio Addin in C# or in VB.NET
The extension does not use VSTO; it creates a COM addin in C# and WiX installer for the addin. Works with Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition.
The generated project features the following:
- Visio addin in C# and VB.NET
- Installer project for the addin in WiX
- User interface to start with
- A TaskPane (docking panel), and a button to control it.
- Support for custom images for the buttons.
- Support for state (enabled/disabled) for the buttons.
- Optional support for legacy Visio version (2007; command bar with buttons)
Note that you need to have WIX installed to be able to use this template. WiX is a Visual Studio extension to create installations. You can download it from the official website (http://wixtoolset.org), or install from the Visual Studio gallery.
The add-in generated should work for Visio 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013.
Both x32 and x64 Visio versions are supported.
The source code for the extension is hosted at GitHub
- Add VB.NET support
- Set default platform to Visio (i.e. if Visio x86 is installed then x86 will be the target platform)
- Automatically set default debugger path to Visio for convenience
- Fix issue with WiX installer with .wxs file missing if you de-select a "Panel" item.
- Set "register for COM interop" by default to allow immediate debugging
- Fix ProductCode in installer (replace "*" with a fixed guid). To create an major upgrade, one needs to replace both version AND product code. This is to avoid confusion with possibility to install the same extension multiple times.
- Fix target platforms (x86/x64) for the VB project (specify them explicitly)