AccuRev Visual Studio Plug-in
AccuRev Plug-in for Microsoft Visual Studio provides developers and release engineers with an out-of-the-box robust integration between AccuRev software and industry-leading Microsoft Visual Studio.
AccuRev Plug-in for Visual Studio, which implements the source code control (SCC) provider interfaces, allows developers to access more AccuRev functionality directly within their familiar Visual Studio interface.
Combining Microsoft Visual Studio with the power of AccuRev in a single integrated development environment increases the agility, reliability, and quality of your distributed, parallel and Agile software development process
By downloading this, you agree that the AccuRev plugins are subjected to the terms and conditions of the applicable EULA for your AccuRev license.
Features & Benefits
Integrate AccuRev and Visual Studio
AccuRev Plug-in for Microsoft Visual Studio focuses on developer usability and developer productivity within the Microsoft Visual Studio environment. The integration provides developers with a full palette of AccuRev functionality without having to leave the familiar Microsoft Visual Studio environment. Microsoft Visual Studio developers gain transparent, stable, and highly functional SCM capabilities with stream-based process automation, software asset reuse, and private workspaces. Together, AccuRev and Microsoft Visual Studio are ideal for complex, geographically distributed, parallel and Agile application development.
AccuRev integrates deeply into your Visual Studio environment. You can perform AccuRev queries, execute operations, and see ToolTips showing the AccuRev status of every file in your solution.
Full integration between Microsoft Visual Studio and AccuRev change package functionality enables true issue-based development workflows. Developers benefit from the ability to manage an issue-based workflow in AccuRev, directly from the Microsoft Visual Studio client—utilizing any tool chosen from the large selection of issue and defect tracking solutions that can be integrated with AccuRev.
AccuRev plugin for Visual Studio for Microsoft Visual Studio enhances everyday productivity with numerous usability features. All common AccuRev searches are available from Microsoft Visual Studio so that developers, release engineers, and managers can query the AccuRev server for the latest source code changes. Actionable views of your AccuRev history data are now fully integrated in the Microsoft Visual Studio environment, providing powerful access to the rich versioning functionality of AccuRev SCM. And AccuRev Plug-in for Visual Studio for Microsoft Visual Studio now ships as a true Visual Studio plug-in, and supports the Microsoft Visual Studio (2013, 2015, 2017 –professional edition only).
Advantages of AccuRev Plug-in for Visual Studio
- AccuRev Plug-in for Visual Studio for Microsoft Visual Studio provides developers transparent access to the power of AccuRev without leaving the Visual Studio environment
- Implement a best-of-breed Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) solution by deploying AccuRev with Microsoft Visual Studio
- AccuRev provides robust integration with the Visual Studio platform, with improved usability for developers and rich exposure of AccuRev functionality
- Full integration between Visual Studio and AccuRev change packages enforces process and enables developers to interact with issue-based engineering workflow directly from Visual Studio, supporting a broad range of tightly‑integrated issue and defect tracking tools
Adapt Visual Studio features within the AccuRev Plug-in for Visual Studio
- Support for Microsoft Visual Studio ( 2013, 2015, 2017 –professional edition only)
- Supports commonly used AccuRev operations such as Keep, Promote, file move, rename and a plethora of common operations – developers can "live in Visual Studio" and still derive all the benefits of AccuRev
- Change Package integration between Microsoft Visual Studio and AccuRev SCM for full featured issue-based engineering management
- Complete view of Change Package History
- Sophisticated support for AccuRev diff and merge functionalities
- New history views: Browse and diff against active history; "Compare With" menu exposed for differencing between private workspace and history; populate workspace with selected version
- Full access to AccuWork queries directly within Microsoft Visual Studio
- Visual aids (including icons and ToolTips) for quick information on SCM status of projects and files
- Support for projects spanning multiple AccuRev workspaces
- Background processing of AccuRev commands to improve performance