Visual C++ OpenGLES 2 Project Template
C++ Project template that targets Android, iOS and Windows Universal
Update 11/3: With Visual Studio 2015 Update 1, this template is preinstalled by the Visual C++ Mobile Development package.
- Visual Studio Tools for Windows 10
- Visual C++ Android Development
- Visual C++ iOS Development
All these are Visual Studio optional components that can be installed by running/re-running the Visual Studio setup.
The template targets three platforms: Android, iOS and Windows Universal. The code is organized as follows:
- Library solution folder contains the common OpenGLES2 code built as a static library for each of the platforms
- Shared project contains the actual code.
- SimpleRenderer class (in SimpleRenderer.h/.cpp) contains the main logic for drawing a spinning cube on the screen
- Android.StaticLibrary project references the Shared project and has no additional source code
- iOS.StaticLibrary similarly references Shared and has no additional source code
- WindowsUniversal.StaticLibrary also references the Shared project as well as the ANGLE NuGET package used for OpenGLES 2 translation to Direct3D
- Android.Application solution folder contains two projects that comprise the Android app
- Android.NativeActivity is an Android-specific C++ shared library project that implements the main Android app activity. Contains a reference to Android.StaticLibrary
- Android.Application contains the ANT scripts and Android manifest needed to build the APK package for the Android app
- iOS.Application project contains the Objective-C++ code and the XCode project file needed to bootstrap OpenGLES. Contains a reference to iOS.StaticLibrary
- WindowsUniversal.Application project contains the Windows-specific C++ and C++/CX code needed to bootstrap Angle. Contains a reference to WindowsUniversal.StaticLibrary