This tool removes both single line and multi-line comments from current active document while preserving Documentation headers (File header, Class headers and method headers) and those comments which has task list token keywords, as these tokens are used to keep track of pending tasks using Task List window.
- Available as extension for Visual Studio 2015(Community, Pro and Enterprise editions)
- Uses Visual studio code refactoring features such as shortcut to access this tool (Ctrl + ‘.’) and Preview before applying the changes.
- Remove the resulting white space/blank line(s) (after removing comments).
- Retains comments having Task list tokens which can be configured in Visual Studio IDE.
- Extend this tool to remove the comments from current solution.
Current active document before removing comments
Preview of CommentsRemover
Preview of the current active document after removing comments
Current active document after removing comments
Task List tokens:
Task list helps developers to create and manage a list of programming tasks. Using task list window, developers can easily access the comments. In addition to standard token, developers can also create custom tokens.
In the above image, please note that the comments in the lines 3, 12 and 21 are also retained after refactoring as the comments contain the task list token (“Customtoken”, “undone” and “hack” respectively). Below is the screen shot of the Task list tokens that were configured in the Visual Studio.
For more details about Task List , please refer: