Generates a strongly-typed Object Context and POCO Entities from your EDMX file. Additionally a Repository and an abstract Unit Test for the Repository is created (with a mock for the ObjectContext and mock for the ObjectSets).
The "ADO.NET C# POCO Entity Generator" was originally developed by Microsoft.
It was forked by Rab Hallett under the name "ADO.NET Mocking Context Generator" (blogofrab.blogspot.com).
This extension is a new fork by Johannes Hoppe.
With this download you will get a complete solution:
- all functionalities of the ADO.NET C# POCO Entity Generator, which includes:
- a compatible ObjectContext (replaces the “Entities-Class”)
- all entity types as POCOs (Plain Old CLR Objects)
- as well as:
- an Interface for the ObjectContext
- a mock of the ObjectContext (provides access to ObjectSets)
- a mock that implements IObjectSet (stores data)
- a partial Repository class
- an abstract Unit Test class
- optional: support for Microsoft Unity *
- optional: equality members for the POCOs (Equals and GetHashCode) **
Get startet now:
Read the walkthrough:
Get some more information about Unit Testing:
Download the demo solution:
Study the source code:
* Use the preprocessor definition “DO_NOT_USE_UNITY”, if you do not want to utilize the Unity-Framework.
** Some people might prefer the POCOs completely plain. For that case you should define the directive “DO_NOT_INCLUDE_ EQUALITY_MEMBERS”.
v0.2 - first public version
v0.3 - added equality members
v0.4 - small bugfixes
v.05 - rename from "ADO.NET Mocking Context Generator - Extended" to "ADO.NET Unit Testable Repository Generator"