Line Endings Unifier is an extension which allows you to change line endings in a whole solution, a specific project, a chosen folder or a certain source file. Just right click on a solution, a project, a folder or a source file in the Solution Explorer to find the "Unify Line Endings" option.
You can go to the extension's options page:
Options -> Line Endings Unifier -> General Settings
to determine whether you want to have your line endings unified automatically on document save and to specify file extensions supported.
You can set the Default Line Ending to Dominant - the line ending type that occurs the most in a given file.
By default, after hitting "Save All" button all files from a loaded solution are unified. If you want to unify only files that are open in the editor on "Save All", set Unify Only Open Files On Save All to True.
Also, you can tell the extension to write some output to the Output window. To do this, set Write Report To The Output Window option to True.
To see the output from the extension, look at the Output window and set Show output from to Line Endings Unifier:
- added "Unify Line Endings In This Folder" option
- added counting of changed line endings
- added "Force Default Line Ending On Document Save" option
- fixed a minor bug occurring on unifying line endings in *.vb files
- added "Supported File Formats" option
- fixed bug occurring on "Save All"
- fixed bug occurring sometimes on installation on Visual Studio 2012
- added support for Visual Studio 2010
- added measuring of a time elapsed during unifying process
- added new option - "Save Files After Unifying"
- changed options descriptions
- fixed two bugs (null reference exceptions)
- added additional code to make sure commands are visible
- added looking for projects in solution folders
- made unifying run as a separate task
- added reporting changes in the Output window
- added information about elapsed time in extension's reports
- added new option - "Unify Only Open Files On Save All"
- improved the performance of unifying large files
- added new type of default line ending - Dominant
- added Dominant type of line ending in the dialog appearing after RMB click on a solution, project, folder or a file
- the default line ending is now selected by default in the dialog mentioned above
- added Supported File Names to options
- fixed a bug: unifying didn't work on starting the build process, closing the document tab and comparing the files in a version control system
- fixed a bug: starting the build process caused unifying all files and a rebuild of a whole project as a result
- created a separate version for Visual Studio 2010