Stored Procedure Generator
Features & Benefits
This is a very useful tool which automatically creates CRUD (Select, Insert, Update, and Delete) stored procedures for the tables in your database.
You can configure options to create procedures such as name prefix, overwrite any existing procedures etc.
You can also specify the singular and plural names for each table in your database in order to create procedures with gramatically correct names. For example, a stored procedure named sproc_UpdateCustomers does not seem appropriate, and you would like it to be sproc_UpdateCustomer instead.
For the singular name, the tool will remove any trailing 's' from the table name by default, to make it easier to singularize the most table names (e.g. Customers will be converted to Customer as the singular name)
This tool creates the stored procedures considering the following factors:
- Use of Primary Key fields in the WHERE clause of Details, Update, and Delete procedures
e.g. DELETE FROM Customers WHERE CustomerID=@CustomerID
- Does not ask for, nor insert any values for Auto Number fields in the INSERT stored procedure. So you won't have to worry about fixing those issues later.
- No parameter added for the Auto Number fields in the UPDATE stored procedure.
- Uses correct data types and length for the parameters for each field in the tables
- For a multi-schema database, the tool will retain the schema of the table to generate the stored procedures. For example, for a table "crm.Customers", the generated stored procedures will also have the schema "crm".
- Supports varchar(max) and nvarchar(max) data types.
Step - 1: Connect
Step - 2: Options
Step - 3: Log