In a nutshell the title expression has the following capabilities:
- Access to some of the internal state of Visual Studio (e.g.: solution path, currently edited doc, platform, etc...)
- Parts of the title can be composed based on conditions (e.g.: if there is a solution open then show this, otherwise that)
- Regex match: using the success/failure of the match and the captured regex groups in case of successful match
- The expression can launch external commands and use their outputs as part of your title (e.g.: performing a git command to get info about the repo that contains the currently open solution)
The extension periodically reevaluates your title expression to reflect changes in the state of visual studio and the output of external commands.
Supported Visual Studio Versions
vs2015 and newer: download the extension from your Visual Studio (from the Extension Manager window) or from this web page.
For older Visual Studio versions download one of the following .vsix files:
Those who still use vs2005 or vs2008 can try to checkout the pre-vs2017 branch and compile the extension for themselves.
- Detailed Help (can also be read by pressing F1 on the Title Changer Settings window)