VSNav has recently been updated and now features the following improvements:
- Changes to the solution/project will now correctly be reflected in the search list.
- Dialog size is now persisted.
- For the 2010 version please visit /vsgallery/cfdf85c2-aaa4-4bdd-b8ea-e22bcc9860af
A simple visual studio tool to allow rapid navigation and finding of files within a Solution via a number of search patterns.
Features & Benefits
- Name Search - Searches based upon the name of a file by simply using mixed case search string.
- Wildcard Search - Use standard windows wildcards : ? (any character) or * (number of any characters).
- Camel Case Search - Use uppercase strings to do Camel case searching on file names.
- Highlighting - Filtering as you type with match highlighting.
- Explore To - Use Alt+E to explore to a result
The extension can be found in theEdit->Find and Replace menu. It only loads when first used so won't touch your Visual Studio performance. It may take a couple of seconds for large solutions to cache all the file information when used for the first time.