GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET is an advanced multi-format document viewer API to display over 95+ document types including Word Processing (DOC, DOCX), Excel Spreadsheets (XLS, XLSX), PowerPoint presentations (PPT, PPTX), PDF, Visio, Project, Outlook data files, OneNote, Web, OpenDocument and images in any type of C#, ASP.NET and other .NET-based technologies. The document rendering is fast and looks identical as it would be rendered in a PDF or other Office document viewer.
GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET supports many comprehensive sets of features including:
- Render document pages of all supported file formats at once, in batch or custom range of pages.
- Render as HTML5, image or PDF
- Extract document information like: file type, size, name, date created / modified, page count etc from supported document formats
- Rendering documents with comments or tracked changes
- Render Microsoft Excel Template files
- Render archive documents as well as files within Zip archives
- Rendering PDF files with or without annotations
- Render programming language and JPEG 2000 code stream files
- Extract information from emails – list of folders contained in an Outlook Data File document
- Work with PDF layers and detect printing restrictions
- Extract project start and end dates from MS Project files
- Render documents stored in cloud or located at FTP servers
- Removing cache files for faster processing
GroupDocs document viewer API supports .NET and Mono frameworks and enables developers to build feature rich document rendering applications on Microsoft Windows Desktop, Azure, Server and Linux operating systems. The API is 100% independent and does not require Acrobat automation, Microsoft Office or any other 3rd party libraries installed on the system.
Support and Learning Resources
- Documentation – Access developers guide, features overview, installation, limitations and configurations settings
- Source Code – Work with functional source code examples, showcases and plugins
- Download API directly or via Nuget package manager
- API Reference Guide
- Forum support – Get assistance on your technical queries by our team of experts
- Blog – Subscribe and receive all updates on latest enhancement and newly supported features