Power BI Actions is a task for Azure Pipelines. With this tasks you can automate specific tasks for Power BI.
The following tasks can be automated by using this extension:
- Create a Power BI workspace.
- Remove a Power BI workspace.
- Add a new Admin user to a Power BI workspace.
- Add a Service Principal to a Power BI workspace.
- Add a Group to a Power BI workspace.
- Update the connection of a Power BI report.
- Refresh a dataset.
- Update Gateway
- Set a specific capacity for a workplace
- Rebind Report
- Set Refresh Schedule
- Set Dataset Permissions
The following organization types are supported from version 5 and higher:
- Commercial (Public)
- Microsoft 365 Government Community Cloud (US)
- Microsoft 365 Government Community Cloud High (US)
- US Department of Defense
- Microsoft Cloud China
- Microsoft Cloud Germany
To configure a Service Principal with PowerBI you will have to go through this guide:
Service principal with Power BI
- ClientId: The client id of the Azure Active Directory application. This application should have the appropriate rights in order to use the Power BI Api.
- ClientSecret: The client secret of the application
- Tenant ID: The identifier of the Azure Active Directory tenant