PVS-Studio static code analyzer
PVS-Studio is a powerful static source code analysis solution for bug detection in C, C++, C# and Java projects on Windows, Linux and macOS. It is intended for use in detecting and fixing security and quality issues in code, before they turn into vulnerabilities, crashes, or painful debugging.
To get the trial license please follow PVS-Studio Download Page and fill the form. We'll send you the trial license shortly.
What is PVS-Studio?
PVS-Studio is a full-fledged static code analyzer that allows the checking of C, C++ (including C++/CLI), C# and Java code on Windows, Linux and macOS.
This powerful tool is able to find such errors as copy-paste, misprints, buffer overrun, uninitialized variables, and many more.
What makes it unique?
It significantly saves time and nerves, as it is especially useful in looking for misprints which can take a programmer weeks to find.
PVS-Studio is easy to install and use, without the need to deploy a complex maintenance environment.
PVS-Studio has up to 700 pages of documentation providing explanations of the root of each problem, and recommendations of the way to fix said issues.
Available options include checking the entire solution, or integrating it with the build system via continuous integration - this makes it a flexible development tool that meets personal needs.
PVS-Studio will quickly pay back its cost in increased code quality, and reduced development time.
- Automatic (incremental) analysis of individual files right after their recompilation in IDE.
- Intuitive interface - easy navigation along the warnings issued for the code. Everything you need is at your fingertips - warnings sorted by severity level, highlighted code fragments which require additional revision, and quick access to the documentation. PVS-Studio documentation suggests ways of how to fix the detected error.
- Great scalability - PVS-Studio supports multi-core and multi-processor systems with the ability to specify the number of cores to use; can be used together with IncrediBuild.
- Mass warning suppression - suppression of "old" messages, so that the analyzer issues 0 warnings for them. This allows starting of the analysis at any point of the development process. It’s especially helpful in case you need to check only newly written code fragments.
- Interactive filtering of the analysis results (log file) in PVS-Studio IDE/Standalone window: the issued warnings are sorted by diagnostic number, file name, the word in the text of the diagnostic, plus the ability to exclude files from the analysis by name, folder, or mask; to run analysis on files modified during the last N days.
- False Alarm Marking - code markup to suppress a certain diagnostic in a particular code fragment;
- Error statistics - error correction speed, amount of bugs found in a certain period of time, the number of unfixed spots can be viewed in graphical representation (requires Microsoft Excel).
- Ability to do nightly checks - the analyzer does the scanning during the night, and provides you with the completed result in the morning.
- Project analysis from the command line: helps integrate PVS-Studio into nightly builds.
- Relative paths in report files to view them on different machines.
- Compiler Monitoring for C/C++ - analysis of projects that have no Visual Studio project files (.sln/.vcxproj). In case of the CLMonitoring functionality not being enough, there is the capability of integrating PVS-Studio in Makefile-based (or any other) build system directly.