This extension helps you determine how effectively team is fixing Bugs and closing User Stories and it provides a report that helps you to answer questions such as “How many bugs have been reactivated in the current iteration?”
Prerequisites for this extension:
- Area Path or Iteration Path
PAT with read access and scope to work items will be sufficient and below screenshot shows how to create
For more details on PAT creation is available at this link
How to use:
Go to Azure boards in any organization where the extension is shared and installed then click on Reactivations Report as shown in below screenshot
Below screenshot helps to understand fields in Reactivations Report
Below screenshot helps to understand how the results look in Reactivations Report
- PAT: Can make use of PAT created in above steps. Also, you can clear the PAT and provide a new PAT in case of expired PAT.
- Organization Name: Organization name will be auto-populated with the details where the report is opened. In case organization name is not populated, please enter it manually.
- Project Name: Project name will be auto-populated with the details where the report is opened. In case project name is not populated, please enter it manually.
- Area Path: Provide the Area path here for which reactivated workitem needs to be checked.
- And/Or : And/Or dropdown works as a logic gate for retrieval of workitems. AND will retrieve workitems that satisfy both selected area path and iteration path, OR will retrieve workitems that satisfy either selected area path or selected iteration path.
- Iteration Path: Provide the iteration path here for which reactivated workitem needs to be checked.
- Work Item Type: The work item types are retrieved based on the process template used in the project. This field will be auto-populated when PAT is entered. ex - For Agile process, currently work items of type User Story and Bug are supported.
- Reactivated State: State field will be shown and auto-populated when PAT is entered. Please select the initial state for which you need to check if a workitem is reactivated. ex- if state available is New->Active->Resolved->Closed, then we can check reactivated workitems based on the number of times state of the workitem is changed to "Active".
As part of Reactivations Report Extension, we collect the following usage telemetry to track and improve our services.
- Azure DevOps Service/Server name and Team Project name that is using the extension
- Exceptions logged while usage for troubleshooting purposes.
We do not collect any user and workitem related details.
Please raise a your concern in Q & A Section. We will try our best to respond at the earliest.