This package allows you to edit project files without the need to unload them first.
In the Solution Explorer, right click on a Project item and select "Edit Project File". The project file will then open; after saving it, Visual Studio will prompt you to reload the project.
Check out the extension Workspace Reloader if reloading the project causes your windows in Visual Studio to "reset".
Find the source code here.
* Fix for issue with reference to project file lingering in memory after closing it.
* Trigger VS2015 compatibility.
* Fix for users with VS2012.
* Fix for some users for which the paths change case.
* Fix for stale project file.
* Fix for project files that are read-only, e.g., under source control and need to be checked out.
* First functioning version