Deprecated as the Visual Studio 2017 has implemented the functionality. This extension will no longer be maintained.
This extension provides additional outlining with syntax highlighted hint for Visual Basic .NET and C#; therefore we can collapse the blocks/scopes such as IF, ELSE, USING, WITH, WHILE and FOREACH.
As you can see from the below image, there are couple of additional outliners added to the editor, so we can collapse them.
Below is how it looks after collapsed:
Additionally, it will show the collapsed content with syntax highlighted when mouse is hovering on:
Visual Basic .NET
In addition to C#, this extension also supports Visual Basic .NET
- Stop supporting Visual Studio 2017 because Visual Studio 2017 already has this functionality.
- Fixed a bug where two clicks were required to expand Methods and CTORs
- Fixed a bug where the extension stopped working for some files
- Ignored the error when unable to generate the code hint and logged it for further investigation
- Workaround a Visual Studio bug where the extension stopped working for some files
- Optimised the algorithm to get the outline taggers for a specific range
- Syntax Highlighting
- Improvement of robustness and responsiveness when running the code analyzer in the background thread
- Removed the outliner for Visual Basic properties as the IDE already provides it
- Optimised to return outliners as requested by the IDE rather than all outliners of the whole file
- Removed the inner outliner for IF statement in Visual Basic it only has one child line
- Added the ability to collapse IF without collapsing its ELSE or ELSEIF in Visual Basic .NET
- Fixed a potential bug where unable to write log file when multiple errors occur at the same time
- Renamed the product name from VBSharpOutliner to Visual Basic and C# outliner
- Improved the responsiveness when loading a large file
- Added the support to outline object initialisation and collection initialisation
- Removed the outliner of get/set of a property in VB as the IDE already has the outliner
- Removed Razor.C# as wasn't tested
1.0.0: Initial version
If you feel that the work we provide is worth it, you can donate. This is greatly appreciated.
You can use Paypal to donate even if you do not have a Paypal account.There is, of course, no obligation whatsoever.