Visual Studio 2022 and Episerver CMS 12 support
This Visual Studio extension only supports Visual Studio 2019 and Episerver CMS 11 on .NET Framework 4.x.
For CMS 12/.NET 5 and later we provide project templates for dotnet new, which also become available in Visual Studio 2022. Refer to our developer documentation for how to get started with the project templates. Item templates will be added to the template package soon.
The Visual Studio extensions for Episerver CMS 11 contains features to make it easier to develop using .NET Framework on the Episerver platform.
The Visual Studio extension contains the following project templates in Visual Studio. Use Add > New Project -> Visual C# -> Episerver -> Episerver Web Site to create a new site. These project templates requires SQL Server Express LocalDB and IIS Express.
The Visual Studio extension contains the following templates using the Add > New Item option in Visual Studio. These item templates can be used with any web project (c#), some of the templates are also available on c# class libraries.
- Block Controller (MVC)
- Block Razor View (MVC)
- Block Template
- Block Type
- Block View
- Custom Property
- Initialization Module
- Initialization Module with HTTP events
- Page Controller (MVC)
- Page Razor View (MVC)
- Page Template
- Page Type
- Scheduled job
- User Control
- Visitor Group Criterion
- Media Type
#Support and feedback
Use our support portal and feedback portal.
Changes in 188.8.131.527
- Updated CMS versions
- The discontinued MaxMind GeoLite database has been removed
Changes in 184.108.40.2061
- Updated to support latest Episerver Find.
Changes in 220.127.116.117
- Support for Visual Studio 2019
Changes in 18.104.22.1682
- Updated CMS, Find and Alloy versions
Changes in 22.214.171.1245/401*
- Updated CMS, Find and Alloy versions
*) Contains an unsupported build of Find 13.2.0 that should not be used. Upgrade to a new version of the VS integration.
Changes in 126.96.36.1993
- Updated CMS and Alloy versions
Changes in 188.8.131.520
- As the GeoLite database and provider have been obsoleted, it is no longer configured when creating a new Episerver CMS solution.
Changes in 184.108.40.2069
- Dependencies on TinyMCE and StructureMap removed.
Changes in 220.127.116.115
- Updated NuGet packages
- .NET error message when creating a new Episerver Alloy site in VS 15.6
Changes in 18.104.22.1680
- Updated NuGet packages (EPiServer.CMS.Core 11.3.4)
Changes in 22.214.171.1246
- Updated NuGet packages (EPiServer.CMS.Core 11.3.0, StructureMap 4.x)
- Alloy is now based on open source version from GitHub
Changes in 126.96.36.1999
- Updated NuGet packages (EPiServer.CMS.Core 11.2.1)
- EPiServer.Search packages are no longer installed when Find is selected
Changes in 10.2.0.270
- Updated NuGet packages (EPiServer.CMS.Core 10.10.3)
Changes in 10.2.0.249
- Updated NuGet packages (EPiServer.CMS.Core 10.8.0)
Changes in 10.1.0.235
- Updated CMS packages (EPiServer.CMS.Core 10.4.3)
- Remove Dynamic Content item template
- Added support for Visual Studio 2017
- Removed support for Visual Studio 2012, 2013
Changes in 10.0.1.202
- Updated all packages to CMS 10
- MVC templates are now based on ASP.NET Identity
- Updated company name and logotypes
- Remove the possibility to create "Online Center Gadgets"
- Fixed bug: New empty project has Episerver Search configured if Alloy MVC is selected first
Changes in 188.8.131.52
- Fixed support for different DPI settings in create new project dialog
Changes inÂ 184.108.40.206
- Updated packages to CMS.Core 9.6.1, CMS.UI 9.3.8 and Find 11.0
Changes in 220.127.116.11
- Possible to select Find as search engine in "New site"-dialog
- Item templates compatible with CMS 9
- Based on CMS 9.2.0 packages and Find 10.1 packages
Changes in 18.104.22.168
- Based on CMS 8.8.0 packages
- New projects are based on MVC 5
- Alloy sample templates now use alternative URLs (SEO)
- Support for Visual Studio 2015
Changes in 8.0.053
- Based on CMS 8.0 packages
- New projects will by default have add-ons managed from Visual Studio rather than from the user interface
- Alloy templates now use canonical URL's and typed groups/tabs
Changes in 22.214.171.124
- Update NuGet packages to later version (CMS 7.15 packages)
- Changed so that the Workflow 3.5 system is disabled by default to simplify Azure deployments
Changes in 126.96.36.199
- Project templates merged into a unified dialog for "New Project"
- Added Alloy sample templates (MVC and WebForms)
- Added EPiServer Search
- Some item templates available in Class Libraries
- Supports .NET Framework 4.5 option in "New Project" dialog
- Removed support for Visual Studio 2010
Changes in 188.8.131.52
- Removes integration with Deployment Center
- Projects are created from embedded NuGet packages
- "Page Template" and "Block Template" should use suffix Template
- Remove suffixes "Page" and "Block" padded to models in MVC templates
- Best practice tip in global.asax.cs
- Add episerverlog.config
- "Page Type" and "Block Type": Remove Editable(true) since its default
- Scheduled Job template should examplify stoppable jobs
- Use Universal Providers for Membership, Roles and Profiles
Changes in 7.5.394.2
- Support for both 7.0 and 7.5 projects.
- Added Media Type (only applicable in 7.5 projects).
- Minor bug fixes.
Changes in 7.0.634.172
- Support for Visual Studio 2013
- Minor fix in Gadget Wizard.