Code Compare is a powerful tool for file and folder comparison and merging.
Code Compare is an advanced visual file and folder comparison tool that can be integrated into a range of version control systems and, thus, enhance change tracking and synchronization. It integrates with all popular source control systems: TFS, SVN, Git, Mercurial, and Perforce. Code Compare is shipped both as a standalone file diff tool and a Visual Studio extension.
Integration with Visual Studio brings you all possibilities of Visual Studio editor and allows you to perform all operations in one project context. This helps you to develop and merge simultaneously.
Standalone version of Code Compare allows you to work with your sources without any additional environments and pre-installations, that provides you higher application performance. Also, standalone version of file diff tool supports the most popular programming languages (Java, Delphi, PHP, etc.)
Code Compare can be easily integrated into any version control system that supports external comparators. You can set up Code Compare as a comparison and merge tool with the help of the command line.
Text Comparison and Merging
- Colored blocks for inserted, deleted, and modified text.
- Detailed highlights of changes within lines.
- Collapsing of unchanged regions of text (Pro-feature).
- Point-and-click merging with a mouse.
- Editing files on the fly.
- Merging shortcuts for advanced users.
Structural Source Code Comparison
- Structure comparison mode
- Syntax Highlighting for programming languages.
- Methods are matched in compared source code files.
- Similar lines of code are matched even after refactoring.
- Moved blocks of code are detected if the source code is reordered in files.
- Difference Explorer window displays changes in code structure.
- Code outlining allows collapsing and expanding regions of code.
Visual Studio Integration
- Native Visual studio extension allows smooth integration.
- Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 supported.
- User can choose to use a standalone or integrated version of Code Compare on the fly.
- Atmel Studio 6.0 and 6.1 support.
Code Review Support
- Adding code review comments when comparing source file revisions.
- Viewing added review comments from a file comparison document.
- Highlighting of code regions with review comments.
- This feature works in combination with Review Assistant.
- Teams benefit more than solo developers.
Three-Way Comparison and Automatic Merging
- Three comparison panes with horizontal and vertical layouts.
- Integrates with version control systems as the merging tool for conflicting file revisions.
- Non-conflicting changes are merged automatically.
- Merging conflicts are highlighted.
- One-click conflict resolution with a mouse button.
- Support for 4K monitors.
- Support for PMA mode in VS 2019 for file comparison.
Compares entire hierarchies of folders
- Advanced diff directories compare utility.
- Color-coding for added, deleted, and modified files.
- Filtering options for excluding or including of certain file types.
- Instant opening of individual file comparison documents.
- Display options for better comparison result analysis.
- Batch file copying from pane to pane or to a selected folder.
Code Compare Support
If you have any support issues, please reach us at our support page