An extension to help user select file path quickly while typing inside a Razor or Aspx file.
How to invoke the statement completion to get the list
You can get the list of file paths by typing in ~ and followed by invoking the intellisense.
Following example shows how to get the list.
1. Type in ~ and then invoke intellisense
2. This extension would add a tab "Pick URL" to the statement completion.
3. Switch to the Pick Url tab.
4. Use arrow keys or mouse to scroll thru the list and select a file by pressing <tab> or double click with mouse
After you have selected the file from the intellisense it would update the code to
Filter by Folder
Or you can also type in the part of the folder name or file name and then invoke intellisense. This would bring up statement completion filtered by the text you have typed after ~. (you might have to press escape to dismiss the intellisense that came up automatically before reinvoking it so that it picks to filter it out correctly)
Filter for a particular file
Another example, where you can pick the file path for url.Content. Here ~jquery is typed in so the statement completion has been filtered accordingly.
- with the current implementation you won’t be able to select it by pressing , which as far as I could understand is an issue while trying to extend the C# language intellisense
- In this version of the extension it doesn't auto-filter as you type in, but there are various ways to achieve similar results as mentioned in the above examples
- Sometimes the pick url tab is the second one. I am still trying to find a way to by default set focus to it or a shortcut key to switch between two tabs.
- While filtering by typing text you might have to press escape to dismiss the intellisense that came up automatically while typing the text and re-invoke it again in order for the list to be filtered correctly.
Please let me know your feedback/comments.
Hope this helps.