Tools => Options => Nustache Configuration before trying to use make sure to set the below settings.
- Repo Root Folder: The root folder for your entire repository. eg \RepoRoot
- Repo Trunk Path: The path from the Repo Root. eg \Trunk
- Repo Branches Path: The path from the Repo Root. eg \Branches
- Nustache Path: The path from the root of the branch or trunk . eg \Configuration\Nustache
Right click anywhere in the toolbar section and add Nustache Config Utility.
Using The ToolBar
- When starting visual studio the Local config settings will be defaulted to even if changing the config environment had been changed before.
- Changing the dropdown will compile all configs within the current open projects branch to that environment.
- If a new Environment is needed selecting [Add / Clone] will open a tool window allowing user to do just that.
- Clicking the Button (Mustache) will open the main Tool Window
Nustache Tool Window
- The window can be opened by clicking the Mustache Button in the toolbar.
- The tool window will only display data once a project that is in TFS is opened.
- Filter: All columns in the Data Grid are searched and filtered on including hidden fields Status and Configs.
- Eye Icon: Shows/Hides status column
- Synchronize Icon: Synchronize data, use this to re synchronize after changing a config or if data was changed outside Visual Studio.
- Disk Icon: Save changes made to grid data. Saving will recompile all configs within current branch
- Undo Icon: Undo changes made to grid data.
- Each color corresponds to status of the row and the status can be viewed by clicking the eye icon.
- Pink: Row has empty value(s)
- Green: Row has different value(s)
- Yellow: All values are equal
- Gray: Unused row (key)
- Blue: New row (key)
- Selecting a row will show all configs that contain that key.
- Clicking a config will open it in an editor.
- Column sorting will persist even after closing Visual Studio. Sorting can be changed ether in the tool window by dragging columns or by viewing the options in visual studio. TOOLS => Options => Nustache Configuration. NOTE: if the order is changing using the options window the update will not take effect till visual studio is reset.