WI Offline Migrator performs an offline migration of TFS work items environment from a Team Project to another, cross TFS collections / servers.
This tool is similar to WI Migrator, but enables offline migration: provides an export to all work items environment to a local folder, then the user manually copies the export folder, takes the folder to another environment (can be separated), and performs import there.
Great solution for migrating between two separate TFS environments, where you cannot connect both TFS servers at once.
250 work items free trial
Organizations that work in separate and unreachable sites / networks and wish to migrate work item data.
WI Offline Migrator contains 2 tools: exporter & importer.
WI Offline Migrator Exporter export the work items, the links between them, the test plans and the test suites. Work items attachments are exported as well.
The importer imports all data to TFS.
Import session can be stopped any time and be continued later, to the next revision, or the next work item.
If requested, WI Migrator importer can update work items already migrated with new revisions from source environment.
Field mappings can be set to copy fields from source to alternate fields in target.
WI Migrator importer generates migration status report, excel or CSV based.
- Work items from source environment can be filtered by area/iteration/Work item Types.
- WI Migrator attempts to create them in similar area/iteration path (or using default)
- Duplication performed between work items with the same work item type name, and based on the same work item fields.
- User can choose whether to save the latest revision of work items or all revisions
- User can choose whether using bypass mode in target environment (requires admin permissions), to restore with original date and user field values.
- Test suites refer to the migrated test cases, and requirement based suites refer to the migrated requirements
- References to shared steps & shared parameters (in test case steps) are updated to reference the migrated shared steps& shared parameters.
- Test case automation recreated in migrated projects.
- Area/iteration paths can be migrated as well.
This tool is limited for 250 work items migration.
For purchasing tool for larger use, please contact: