Colin's ALM Checkin Policies VS 2017
See below for release notes.
As Scott Hanselman says, "donations pay for tacos" (or low carb equivalent).
VERY IMPORTANT: This policy works inside Visual Studio. You configure it for a Team Project, but each and every Visual Studio that is going to apply this policy needs to have the extension installed since it is evaluated in Visual Studio, not TFS/VSTS.
This custom checkin policy pack (which ONLY works for VS 2017) against TFS/VSTS includes the following policies:
- Code Review Policy
- One Work Item Policy
Code Review Policy
This policy allows you to enforce Code Reviews at checkin time.
This only works with "out of the box" Code Review Request and Code Review Response Work Item types.
The policy is configurable to allow you to specify:
- The source control path(s) that will trigger the Code Review check
- That the policy will fail if the Code Review Request is not Closed
- That the policy will fail if any response result is 'Needs Work'
- That the policy will pass if all response results are 'Looks Good' or
- that the policy will pass if all response results are 'Looks Good' or 'With Comments'
- 'None' means the policy will pass if a Code Review is logged, irrespective of state or results
- That the policy must only check the most recent Code Review Request
Note: If you upgrade from previous versions, you will have to remove the policy and re-add it.
One Work Item Policy
This policy allows you to enforce that only/at least 1 work item is associated with a checkin. The type and count is configurable.
For more information, see colinsalmcorner.com
Download the VSIX and install it. In Visual Studio 2017, connect to VSTS or TFS and connect to a TFVC repository. Then:
- Open Team Explorer and click on the Settings tile.
- In the
Team Project section, click the
Source Control link.
- Click on the
Check-in Policy tab.
- Click "Add..." and add either
Code Review Policy or
One Work Item Policy
- Click either policy and click "Edit..." to open the configuration page for the policy.
- add "Check only most recent Request" option
- fix 4k resolution
- Closes the following issues: