Citrix Developer Extension for Visual Studio
The Citrix Developer Extension for Visual Studio 2015 is an extension pack that provides several Citrix Solution Kits to help you quickly get started building on top on the Citrix APIs. In addition to these solution kits, the extension also surfaces a menu for our Citrix Developer online communities with easy access from within the IDE.
Added new project type for Citrix Powershell Script.
- Enabled Citrix powershell scripts to be downloaded during the new project creating process, by displaying and letting the user choose a single or mulitple scripts.
Added additional samples for the Store Customization SDK
- Customization of the resource enumeration
- Customizing the ICA file prior to distribution to Citrix Receiver
- Customizing the Request/Input stream, for example modifying the client name or device information
- Customizing the session enumeration information that gets returned from Storefront
- All samples include a deployment script that gets auto generated on each build
- All samples include a poweshell script to enable debugging/tracing of the storefront server to help debug the customizations after deployment.
Remove support for Visual Studio 2013 (contact us if you are using this extension and would like 2013 support)
Added better support for 2013 including error handling and notification if extension if used with an older version of visual studio.
Added Citrix Director plugin sample
Early preview of the Citrix Github repository viewer.
Fixed a few bug identified in the netscaler samples.
Added complete support for Visual Studio 2013. Now the menus under "Citrix Developer" launch the correct browser and dont thrown an exception.
In the 0.8.2 update we have included following
- Added Octoblu code snippets
In the 0.8.0 update we have included following
- Added Netscaler 10.5 samples
- Connecting to netscaler
- Listing virtual servers/properties
- Listing access gateway servers/properties
In the 0.7.0 update we have included following
- Remove the developer challenge link from the menu. This challenge is over so no longer needed.
- Added Octoblu account signup to menu
- Added Octoblu developers portal to the menu
- Project Templates
- Added two octoblu templates to the new project dialog that demostrate how to use the meshblu API
- Experimental: Added an Octoblu tool window that displays you current workflows and the status of each. In additional you can stop and start the workflows from this window
- There is also an option in the output window to display octoblu message which shows debug messages.
In the 0.5.0 update we have included following
- Support for Visual Studio 2015 CTP 5
- Storefront UI Less item templates. These templates help you do the typical tasks without a UI.
- Storefront Login
- Storefront List available resources
- Storefront Launch application
- GotoMeeting UI Less item templates
- Authenticate to GotoMeeting
- List available meetings
- Start an existing meeting
Summary of features
- Top level "Citrix Developer"
- Quick links for the Sharefile, Podio and CitrixOnline developer portals from within the IDE
- Access to the Citrix Online Developer Challenge
- Overview of the Citrix SDKs on nuget
- Citrix Samples on GitHub
- Send us feedback!
In this initial release we have included several project/item templates to you help get started building projects on the Citrix APIs. Below are the ones included.
- Citrix GotoMeeting (Templates for Create, List and Start meetings)
- Citrix Storefront (Templates for Authenticate, List Resources and Launch Application)
- Citrix XenMobile (ASP.NET template)
- Citrix Mobile SDK for Windows Apps
- Citrix Sharefile (Authentication Sample - with and without .NET SDK, List File - with and without SDK)
We have added a few initial item templats that you can add into an existing project.
- Storefront (Authentication, Resource Listing and Download ICA)