PLEASE DIRECT ALL DISCUSSIONS AND ISSUES TO THE GITHUB ISSUES PAGE
MVVM Tools is a Visual Studio extension to enable moving between your views and viewmodels using Ctrl+E,V (think "Edit | View or ViewModel").
This isNOT an MVVM toolkit or library and is MVVM toolkit/library/project type agnostic.
Note that if VS does not honor the Ctrl+E,V keybinding, you can correct this in Options|Environment|Keyboard. Search for Edit.Duplicate and remove that binding. You may also choose to change the binding by searching for Extensions.SwitchToViewViewModel, select Text Editor (or Global) and set something else.
By Chris Bordeman.
New in 0.2.0.8 (Released 2019/03/02)
- Added support for VS 2015-2019.
New in 0.2.0.6 (Released 2018/02/25)
New in 0.2.0.5 (Released 2017/10/07)
- Will find views with the "uc" prefix. This will be configurable in a future release.
New in 0.2.0.4 (Released 2017/02/07)
Allows empty values for most fields such as view and vm suffixes, and namespaces.
Compatibility with VS 2017.
New in 0.2.0.2 (Released 2016/06/30)
New in 0.2.0.1 (Released 2015/08/01)
- Fixed a bug in the options dialog regarding slashes in folders.
New in 0.2.0.0 (Released 2015/08/01)
Added configuration for the location of views vs. view models and ViewModel suffix (ViewModel, PresentationModel, Model, etc). Configuration is per-selected-project or solution-wide. For example, for projectes A and B in Module1, you can set one project A/PresentationModels to contain your view models, and Project D/Views to contain your views. However, in Module B, which is smaller, you might stick to a traditional /Views and /ViewModels type configuration.
Configuration is stored in .MvvmSettings files alongside solution and projects as necessary (if something is overridden).
Go To View / View Model feature has an option to search entire solution (default, original behavior), or follow aforementioned solution and project mvvm location settings. Searching whole solution is prone to false positives but is a little more forgiving, while searching only the configured location might miss a file if you misplaced or misnamed it, forcing you to be more careful. Uncheck the 'Search Entire Solution' box if your solution is more than a few projects.
New in 0.1.9.7 (Released 2015/07/29)
- Limited to Visual Studio 2015 final.
New in 0.1.9.6 (Released 2015/07/29)
New in 0.1.9.5 (Released 2015/07/25)
- Limited to VS2015 Final (non-RC) to eliminate dependency issues. This version has Options for changing suffixes and solution/project configuration, but they are ignored for now. Next release will use the new options for view / view model location by default, and for scaffolding new views and view models.
New in 0.1.5 (Released 2015/06/06)
- Added Tools|Options menu for MVVM Tools. Can configure how Go To View / ViewModel command works.
New in 0.1.4 (Released 2015/05/28)
- Fixed a bug where files appeared multiple times in the File Select dialog.
New in 0.1.3 (Released 2015/05/21)
- Added support for additional view suffixes and a new UI to select the file if necessary.
New in 0.1.2 (Released 2015/05/20)
- Added support for VS 2010-2015.
New in 0.1.0 (Released 2015/05/19)
- Initial release for VS 2015 only.