Smooth Streaming Client SDK for Windows 8 enables developers to build Windows 8 Store applications that consume On-Demand and Live Smooth Streaming content w/ PlayReady protection.
Note: To build rich applications, this SDK is best used with the Player Framework which is available fordownload here.
Smooth Streaming Client SDK RTW release supports:
- X86, x64, and ARM platform support
- On-demand Playback (Play, Pause, Seek, Stop)
- Live with Seeking capabilities (Play, Pause, Seek, Go to Live)*
- Support for video codecs – H.264, VC-1
- Support for Audio codecs – AAC, Dolby DD+, WMA Pro
- Multiple audio languages switching with APIs*
- Track-selection for playback (for example, restrict the available bitrates)*
- Offline playback scenarios via Downloader Plugin*
- Text and Sparse Track APIs*
- Content protection – Microsoft PlayReady integration
- Trickplay (slow motion, fast-forward, and rewind)
- Microsoft PlayReady Key rotation
(*) Some of these features aren’t supported with Windows 8 default APIs. To enable these features, you need to use the Smooth Streaming Client SDK APIs.
V 1.0.130417 changes:
- Fix a memory leak in DownloaderPlugin interface
V 1.0.130111 changes:
- Mutiple Smooth Streaming content playback support (Multi-instance)
- Bug fixes
Latest readme document can be found here.
For feedback and future requests please use IIS.net forum and related forum tread which can be accessed fromhere.