Powerful Blackbaud FE NXT Application Integration
- DataBind to Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT using standard Visual Studio wizards.
- Integrate .NET applications with Blackbaud FE NXT Accounts, Budgets, Projects, and more!
ADO.NET Provider Overview
The Blackbaud FE NXT ADO.NET Provider offers the most natural way to access Blackbaud FE NXT data from any .NET application. Simply use Blackbaud FE NXT Data Provider objects to connect and access data just as you would access any traditional database. You will be able to use the Blackbaud FE NXT Data Provider through Visual Studio Server Explorer, in code through familiar classes, and in data controls like DataGridView, GridView, DataSet, etc.
Using the Blackbaud FE NXT Data Provider
The Blackbaud FE NXT Data Provider wraps the complexity of accessing Blackbaud FE NXT services in an easy-to-integrate, fully managed ADO.NET Data Provider. Applications then access Blackbaud FE NXT through the Blackbaud FE NXT Data Provider with simple Transact-SQL.
The CData ADO.NET Provider for Blackbaud FE NXT hides the complexity of accessing data and provides additional powerful security features, smart caching, batching, socket management, and more.
Working with DataAdapters, DataSets, DataTables, etc.
The Blackbaud FE NXT Data Provider has the same ADO.NET architecture as the native .NET data providers for SQL Server and OLEDB, including: BlackbaudFENXTConnection, BlackbaudFENXTCommand, BlackbaudFENXTDataAdapter, BlackbaudFENXTDataReader, BlackbaudFENXTDataSource, BlackbaudFENXTParameter, etc. Because of this you can now access Blackbaud FE NXT data in an easy, familiar way.
- Fully-managed .NET: 100% fully managed ADO.NET libraries supporting .NET Standard, .NET Core 2.0, & Xamarin.
- Developer Friendly: Seamless integration with all versions of Visual Studio.
- Powerful ADO.NET Features: Including support for ADO.NET Entity Framework (EF 5 & 6), ADO.NET 2.0, LINQ to Datasets, etc.
- Replication and Caching: Our replication and caching commands make it easy to copy data to local and cloud data stores such as Oracle, SQL Server, Google Cloud SQL, etc. The replication commands include many features that allow for intelligent incremental updates to cached data.
- String, Date, Numeric SQL Functions: The driver includes a library of 50 plus functions that can manipulate column values into the desired result. Popular examples include Regex, JSON, and XML processing functions.
- Collaborative Query Processing: Our drivers enhance the data source's capabilities by additional client side processing, when needed, to enable analytic summaries of data such as SUM, AVG, MAX, MIN, etc.
- Easily Customizable and Configurable: The data model exposed by our ADO.NET Providers can easily be customized to add or remove tables/columns, change data types, etc. without requiring a new build. These customizations are supported at runtime using human-readable schema files that are easy to edit.
- Secure Connectivity: Includes standard Enterprise-class security features such as TLS/ SSL data encryption for all client-server communications.
Visual Studio Integration - Server Explorer
As an ADO.NET Data Provider, Blackbaud FE NXT ADO.NET Provider can be used to access and explore Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT data directly from the Visual Studio Server Explorer.
It's easy. As a standard ADO.NET adapter, developers can connect the Server Explorer to Blackbaud FE NXT ADO.NET Provider just like connecting to any standard database.
Add a new Data Connection from the Server Explorer and select the Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT Data Source
Configure the basic connection properties to access your Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT account data.
Explore all of the data available! Blackbaud FE NXT ADO.NET Provider makes it easy to access live Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT data from Visual Studio.
- After configuring the connection, explore the feeds, views, and services provided by the Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT Data Source.
- These constructs return live Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT data that developers can work with directly from within Visual Studio!
Call: (800) 235-7250
Contact Us By Email