🌌 Midnight Lights is an original dark blue theme for Visual Studio 2019 and 2022. If you're looking for something even darker, try my new theme ⚫ Midnight Deep.
After installing the extension, the theme will be available in the dropdown under Tools -> Options-> General.
This is my first theme and you will probably find some quirks. This is a personal project, feel free to fork the repository and tweak it however you like.
CI/CD uses Azure DevOps, following Meziantou's Blog.
I like to extend my theme with Viasfora, mostly for Rainbow Braces. I've added my Viasfora theme within the github repo as
viasfora-theme.json. If you're a Viasfora user, themes can be exported/imported from Tools -> Options -> Viasfora -> Export / Import. The section Themes takes
- Improve contrast in merge conflict window 🚸
- Improve contrast in accent highlights and hovers 🚸
- Fix breaking change introduced in VS 2022 Preview 4.1 🩹
- Add basic support for C++ colorization ✨
- Add theming for vertical document tabs ✨
- Add missing elements from standard dark theme ➕
- Added support for VS 2022 🔧
- Modified peek background, updated theme icon
- Modified Razor code highlighting to better match theme
- Darkened editor background to match window backgrounds
- Darkened menu shadows (no more glow, sorry if you liked that)
- Modified editor background on Outline hover to better match theme