Run this tool on the machine where you want to run cross-browser tests. The machine needs to be connected to the internet and be able to access the links below. .NET framework 3.5 is required for this installer.
1. After installing the cross-browser testing installer, verify thatMicrosoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Extension.CrossBrowserProxy.dll isfound in the following location:"%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\microsoft shared\VSTT\Cross BrowserSelenium Components" (for 32 bit machines)
2. Download chrome driver from:http://chromedriver.storage.googleapis.com/2.25/chromedriver_win32.zip
3. Download selenium dot net bindings from: http://selenium-release.storage.googleapis.com/2.53/selenium-dotnet-strongnamed-2.53.1.zip
4. Right click on the downloaded zip files.
5. Select "properties".
6. Under "General" tab, click on the "Unblock" button.
7. Now unzip both the files and copy the contents to the following path (for the selenium-dotnet 2.53.1 binaries, copy the contents of net40 folder):"%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\microsoft shared\VSTT\Cross Browser Selenium Components" (for 32 bit machines)
Supported Visual Studio versions
This installer works with VS 2012 Update 4, VS 2013 Update 5, VS 2015 and updates and VS 2017 RC.
Running tests using Microsoft Edge browser
Users can run their Coded UI tests on Edge Browser using Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 or later versions. Install the Cross Browser extension and the appropriate Microsoft Edge WebDriver that works with your version of Windows10 from https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/webdriver/. Users should install the webdriver to the default location ("%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Web Driver).
Known Issues (as of 12/7/2016)
1. Latest Firefox does not work with the current version. Please use Firefox 47.0.1.
2. Latest version of Chrome does not currently work. We are working on fixing this issue.