Support for VS2005,VS2008,VS2010 (en/chs edition)
AsEclipse is an add-in for MS Visual Studio, which enables you to use some convenient Eclipse editing functions in MS Visual Studio with almost the same shortcut keys. No matter whether you are familiar with Eclipse, AsEclipse will be helpful in coding with VS.
V2.1.0 update log:
Fix the some bugs of 'CodeLineCounter'.
Improve the performance of 'CodeLineCounter'.
Add the instruction (as the tip of the inputbox) of search method on the 'Open Type' form and 'Quick Outline' form.
Add function: Automatically check the new version of AsEclipse.
v2.0.1 has hide some insignificant error infomation.
1.(v2.0 NEW~) Code line counter: Tools-AsEclipse-CodeLineCounter at main menu.(for c#, C++,VB).
2.(v2.0 NEW~) You can customize the shortcut keys for the fuctions by editing the AsEclipseConfig.xml which is in the same directory as the AsEclipse.dll. If you want to set the shortcut keys to default, just delete AsEclipseConfig.xml.
3. Format Code: ctrl+shift+f
4. Generate all Setter and Getter code (Property) easily: alt+shift+s, r (only for c#)
5. Open Type: ctrl+shift+t or ctrl+, (if there are too many types, only recently edited type will be shown. Support C# and C++)
6. Show the quick outline of the current code: ctrl+o (Support C#, C++ and VB)
7. Insert code segment: alt+shift+z
8. Comment/Uncomment the selected lines: ctrl+/ (for C#,C++,VB and XML)
9. Close all editors: ctrl+shift+f4
1. The all functions, specially such as 3 and 4 above, can be used easily by keyboard. You needn’t use the mouse.
2. Some functions above are the basic functions of MS Visual Studio. AsEclipse just sets shortcut keys for them.
3. About Open Type:AsEclipse creates the index of types in the solution when the solution is open. If there are many types in the solution, it creates the index slowly. And if there are too many types, it will only show the all types of recent edited files. It will re-create the index of types when you execute the Rebuild All command of Visual Studio.
4. Right now, the compatibility with other VS add-ins has not been tested.
5. AsEclipseConfig.xml will be generated at the first time you start the Visual Studio after you installed AsEclipse.
Extract the file, and put the .dll and .Addin into “Addins” directory of the application directory of Visual Studio. The default path is My Doucuments\Visual Studio 2008 (or 2005 or 2010)\Addins. If there is no “Addins” directory in that place, create it yourself. At last restart the Visual Studio.
If you can’t see the AsEclipse’s menu in the “tools” menu of Visual Studio, when you installed correctly. Please restart the Visual Studio.
Directly delete the .dll and .Addin.