Designer for WiX Toolset is an
extension for Visual Studio 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017 and 2019 that allows developers to quickly
create WiX-based setup projects in a familiar Visual Studio way.
The Designer for WiX Toolset lets you forget the plain Windows Installer
XML and concentrate on your deployment logic. It integrates several editors with the Visual Studio
IDE and provides a set of vdproj designers to configure the file system, registry, user interface,
custom actions and launch conditions for your setup projects.
Features & Benefits
The Designer for WiX Toolset allows you to:
- Create WiX setup projects using familiar Visual Studio designers.
- Use visual editors instead of coding in plain XML.
- Merge your setup projects and deployment scenarios into integrated
solutions without running any standalone tools.
- Support all project types including MSI installers, web-deployment
setup packages, merge modules, etc.
- Support all WiX-specific features including file system, registry,
user interface, custom actions, launch conditions and more.
- Support multiple languages with a single installation package.
- Visual Studio 2019, 2017, 2015, 2013, 2012, 2010
- WiX 3.6 and higher
- Visual Studio Express Edition is not supported
for VS 2010 - 2019