Add-in Express for Microsoft Office and .net is the all-in-one platform for developing any types of Microsoft Office extensibility projects with minimal coding
Add-in Express allows developers to easily create professional extensions for Microsoft Office such as COM add-ins, smart tags, real-time data servers, Excel Automation add-ins and XLL add-ins. It provides special components for integrating applied code with all applications from the Microsoft Office family including Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Access, PowerPoint, MapPoint, FrontPage, InfoPath, Project, Publisher and OneNote.
Add-in Express equips you with a strong solution architecture and coherent programming model complemented by a combination of .net components, designers and deployment tools that will free you from a nightmare of tedious coding and ensure a quick and perfect result.
Using Add-in Express visual designers, wizards, modules and components you can create version-neutral, secure, isolated, deployable and automatically updatable Office extensions with your own toolbars, menus, ribbons, form regions, task panes and keyboard shortcuts in minutes. All available Office versions from 2000 to 2021 and Office suites from Student to Enterprise are supported.
- Application-level extensibility. An array of project templates, wizards, visual designers and special components will allow you to implement your ideas, from a prototype to the final release in a record time! All types of application-level extensions are supported: COM add-ins, XLL, UDF and RTD servers.
- Visual designers instead of coding. You use visual designers to customize Office menus, toolbars, ribbons, task panes, forms, windows, regions, option and property pages, to add custom and customize built-in toolbars, main and context menus for all Microsoft Office applications.
- Version-neutrality. You develop one extension for all available Office versions and Office suites (Student, Home, Standard, Professional, Professional Plus, Ultimate, Enterprise). No need to create different projects for different Office versions since Add-in Express supplies you with a version-neutral core and Office primary interop assemblies (PIAs).
- Advanced Outlook customization offers a unique GUI for your Outlook plug-ins. Use Advanced Outlook Forms and Views Regions to embed custom .NET forms into Outlook views and forms. Populate Outlook windows with any built-in or third-party controls, including e-mail, task and appointment windows, Reading pane, Navigation pane, To-Do bar, etc. Completely replace Outlook views with your .NET forms (as Outlook Today), add you own property pages to Outlook folders, build your own Outlook Navigation Pane shortcuts and do lots of other things to extend the Outlook GUI. As a result, you get full-featured Outlook plug-ins that work on all Outlook versions, across 2000 through 2021.
- Special features for extending the Excel GUI. You can build your own real-time data servers and new worksheet functions for Excel 2000 - 2021. Add-in Express supports two ways of creating custom worksheet functions, using Automation add-ins and XLL add-ins.
- Advanced Office task panes for Microsoft Office 2000 - 2021. Being more flexible than native Office task panes, the Advanced Task Panes let you customize the main Excel, Word and PowerPoint windows with native .NET forms that can be resizable, hidden, minimized (like the Outlook To-Do Bar) and dragged between task pane docks.
- Easy deployment. With Add-in Express the deployment of your Office extensions is so easy that you forget about it. Each Add-in Express solution contains a setup project with all necessary prerequisites. Several technologies and installation types to deploy and redeploy your solutions are supported: Windows Installer projects, ClickOnce publishing and MSI based web-deployment.
- True RAD - you write applied code only. Add-in Express is completely based on the Rapid Application Development approach and reduces the time you used to spend on Office extensions development at least by half. You write applied code only, Add-in Express does everything else.
Office 2021 and Visual Studio 2022 fully supported!
The latest version of Add-in Express integrates perfectly with Visual Studio 2022 and supports all main applications of the Office 2021 suite. So, now developers have a powerful framework to quickly create world-class extensions for all Microsoft Office versions and applications from prototype to final release, all with a single code base!
Add-in Express is fully founded on the Office extensibility technology and extends it with unique features which make Office development fast, easy and effective. You use visual designers and special components to:
- Add new or customize existing tabs for the Ribbon UI.
- Add custom and customize built-in toolbars, main and context menus with your controls, items and sub-menus for all Microsoft Office 2000 – 2003 applications.
- Build the Quick Access Toolbar and the Office Menu.
- Build a custom Backstage View for Microsoft Office 2010 - 2021.
- Add any .NET controls onto Office toolbars. On all versions of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, you can place any built-in or third-party controls on Office toolbars. Your own toolbars can be populated with grids, tree views, list views, user controls, forms, etc.
- Develop in one project smart tag libraries with multiple, shared or dynamically created recognizers.
- Program Excel real-time data servers and tree-viewed real-time data topics.
- Develop new Excel worksheet functions (UDF).
- Create Excel Automation add-ins and XLL add-ins.
- Access any Office objects, their properties and methods, handle their events.
- Visual Studio 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2022
- Visual Studio Express 2012 - 2015
- Visual Basic .NET
- Visual C#
- Visual C++ .NET
Trial version limitations