PowerShell Tools for Visual Studio – PowerShell editing and debugging in Visual Studio.
GitHub | @adamdriscoll | PoshTools.com
Documentation can be found on GitBooks.
- Visual Studio 2015+
- PowerShell v3 or later
PowerShell Tools for Visual Studio brings the richness of the Visual Studio development experience together with the power of PowerShell. Using this extension you can:
- Edit, run and debug PowerShell scripts locally and remotely using the Visual Studio debugger
- Create projects for PowerShell scripts and modules
- Leverage Visual Studio’s locals, watch, call stack for your scripts and modules
- Use the PowerShell interactive REPL window to execute PowerShell scripts and command right from Visual Studio
- Automated Testing support using Pester
An improved editing experience offers syntax highlighting, IntelliSense and code folding. You can quickly navigate your scripts with a function selection drop down.
A rich debugging experience allows you to execute and single step through local and remote scripts. With support for breakpoints, the locals window and the call stack window you can easily find and fix bugs in your scripts.
Support for running utilizing features such as DSC, Workflows and 64-bit modules (e.g. Sharepoint).
The PowerShell Interactive Window provides instant execution with IntelliSense and remote session support.
A project system is available to organize scripts and easily integrate with source control systems. It also offers a mechanism to provide module information for use in MSBuild scripts.
Test adapter support for discovering and running Pester tests.
If you have any feedback on the tools leave it here or at GitHub.
- Tab invokes IntelliSense in REPL
- Option to disable multiline REPL window
- Adding Module Project Template
- Added nicer icons
- Test runner outputs to console
- Fixed Debug Arguments
- Various other fixes
- REPL Window Fixes
- IntelliSense Fixes
- PSate Unit Test Adapter
- Script Argument Support
- Pester Unit Test Adapter
- Actual Dark Theme Support
- Data Tip Support
- Read-Host Support
- Fixed syntax highlighting for PSM1 and PSD1 files
- Added syntax highlighting support for the diff window
- Fixed a bug where the tokenizer would run over non-PowerShell source files
- Fixed a conflict with the VSColorOutput extension
- Fixed a bug where block comments would not be highlighted correctly
- Fixed a bug where commenting\uncommenting or copy and pasting would result in loss of highlighting
- Added error tagging support for syntax errors (red squiggles)
- Added output pane classification for Debug and Verbose messages
- Added a Execute Selection command
- Added canonical names for commands so they can be bound to keyboard shortcuts
- Added syntax highlighting for tokens in strings
- Added support for the VS Dark theme