A minimal LightSwitch Shell that contains only Save, Refresh, and Design buttons. It does not contain a menu. It will automatically load the Default Screen.
- Allows a 200x50 logo to be displayed in upper right corner of Shell
- The default tab cannot be closed
The Shell that is created with the the Microsoft walk-thru tutorial had some showstopper issues that took hours of digging into the API to fix:
- If you open a Tab using "show as link" and then click that link again, the Tab will not open a second time.
- The Tab that you indicate as the Default tab will open automatically. The problem I ran into was that sometimes the Screen was not loaded when the Shell was ready to display it. I had to come up with a method where it always worked.
- Screens open with a single click not a double click
- The "X" to close the tabs does not have a box around it
- The Logo you specify will display in the upper right corner and not distort when you re-size the Shell
As with any Shell, this Shell provides an alternative experience when the default LightSwitch menu is not desired.
You can read the walk-thru that covers the creation of the Shell andpurchase the source code here: http://lightswitchhelpwebsite.com/Blog/tabid/61/EntryId/68/Creating-a-Minimal-LightSwitch-Shell.aspx