Work In Progress
An experimental extension to provide Subversion (SVN) support for Visual Studio Code.
This project uses on my node-svn project, which is a Node Native Addon that wraps the Subversion library.
The published package only supports Windows x64.
For Windows x86 package, you can use this package.
I have problem compiling node-svn on Linux, macOS. Please check node-svn issues if you want to help me.
- Uninstall your current version. (You may see an error says permission denied, don't worry, just restart your Visual Studio Code)
- Switch to Extensions tab.
- Click on
Install from VSIX... menu item.
- Pick your downloaded
Why not the Subversion executable
like the Git extension?
- svn.exe doesn't support Unicode on Windows, it cannot take any Unicode arguments or output any Unicode characters to Node.js.
- Subversion doesn't have a "stage" list, so if you want to commit only some of your changes, you need either:
- Add there files to a changelist. While each file can only be in one changelist, this way doesn't work if you already uses changelists to manage your files.
- Pass a file list to the command, this is blocked by problem 1.
git clone https://github.com/yume-chan/vscode-svn.git
See node-svn README for more information.
This project is currently at very early stage, so there will be more bugs than features. Please report them here and waiting for them to vanish.
Loading More data ...