ᑌᑎotes Markdown WYSIWYG
Unotes gives you a
markdown note editor right inside Visual Studio Code. Don't get distracted with noisy markdown syntax. Enjoy your notes with a rich
WYSIWYG editor. Take full control of the markdown when needed. Start taking notes in style!
If find Unotes useful, please write a review.
What's new in Unotes 1.0
- Folder options for alphabetical or manual note ordering
- Local image support
Unotes is an open-source extension for Visual Studio Code created by Ryan McAlister.
Unotes helps you visualize and manage your markdown notes. Organize your notes in nested folders and edit them with a rich WYSIWYG editor.
Use Visual Studio Code's
built-in search and version control features for all your notes.
Split Markdown / Preview View
Color Themes Supported
Paste Images from the Clipboard
Local, Embedded and URL Images
||Ctrl + Alt + 1
||Ctrl + Alt + 2
||Ctrl + Alt + 3
||Ctrl + Alt + 4
||Ctrl + Alt + 5
||Ctrl + Alt + 6
||Ctrl + Alt + 0
||Ctrl + Alt + b
||Ctrl + Alt + i
||Ctrl + Alt + s
||Ctrl + Alt + t
||Ctrl + Alt + u
||Ctrl + Alt + o
||Ctrl + Alt + q
|Inline Code (highlight)
||Ctrl + Alt + h
||Ctrl + Alt + c
||Ctrl + Alt + l
Unotes can automatically reformat your markdown if desired using remark-stringify. To enable this feature, add a 'remark_settings.json' file to the .unotes folder in your
project directory. All remark-stringify options can be used.
- sets the number of spaces after a list marker
- only works when listItemIndent = 'tab'
- sets the list item tab size (default = 4)
Syncing Note Files
- All note files are stored as
- Sync to a repository using
Git or other version control system
- Folder and Note settings are stored in
- Be sure to sync this file to preserve note orderings
The following folders are excluded from the Unotes navigation tree:
.* (folders starting with '
No markdown WYSIWYG is perfect and Unotes has its share of issues. Some issues have been inherited from the current dependencies. Hopefully some of these will be resolved in the near future...
Copy and Paste
- You may not always get the desired results when pasting directly into the WYSIWYG editor. In some cases it may be best to paste into the raw markdown view.
- Some characters are escape encoded undesireably.
Unotes is here largely thanks to