This extension provides language support for Azure Resource Manager deployment templates and template language expressions.
- ARM Template Outline view for easy navigation through large templates
- Colorization for Template Language Expressions (TLE)
- IntelliSense for TLE expressions
- Signature help for TLE function parameters
- Go To Definition for variable and parameter references
- Peek for variable and parameter definitions
- Find all references (Shift + F12) for variables and parameters
- Rename all references (F2) for variables and parameters
- Hover for parameter description
- TLE brace matching
- Errors for:
- Warnings for:
- Unused parameters
- Unused variables
- If you would like to use comments in your template files, you can use the jsonc ("JSON with comments") language mode. Add the following to your user settings in VS code:
// Use the following to allow comments inside .jsonc
// (This will not be necessary after VS Code ships the fix for https://github.com/Microsoft/vscode/issues/48969)
// Use the following to also allow comments inside .json file
// "*.json": "jsonc"
Press F1 in VSCode, type "ext install" and then look for "Azure Resource Manager Tools".
There are several ways you can contribute to our repo:
- Ideas, feature requests and bugs: We are open to all ideas and we want to get rid of bugs! Use the Issues section to report a new issue, provide your ideas or contribute to existing threads.
- Documentation: Found a typo or strangely worded sentences? Submit a PR!
- Code: Contribute bug fixes, features or design changes:
- Clone the repository locally and open in VS Code.
- Install TSLint for Visual Studio Code.
- Open the terminal (press
CTRL+`) and run
- To build, press
F1 and type in
Tasks: Run Build Task.
- Debug: press
F5 to start debugging the extension.
Before we can accept your pull request you will need to sign a Contribution License Agreement. All you need to do is to submit a pull request, then the PR will get appropriately labelled (e.g.
cla-already-signed). If you already signed the agreement we will continue with reviewing the PR, otherwise system will tell you how you can sign the CLA. Once you sign the CLA all future PR's will be labeled as
Code of Conduct
This project has adopted the Microsoft Open Source Code of Conduct. For more information see the Code of Conduct FAQ or contact email@example.com with any additional questions or comments.
VS Code collects usage data and sends it to Microsoft to help improve our products and services. Read our privacy statement to learn more. If you don’t wish to send usage data to Microsoft, you can set the
telemetry.enableTelemetry setting to
false. Learn more in our FAQ.