Glow IDE extension for Visual Studio Code
Make animation badges, bike lights, dimmable multi-color mood lighting, eye-catching jewelry, wearables, and more.
Glowscript is a simple yet powerful asynchronous multithreaded programming language for creating animations on smart LED strips, including DotStars and NeoPixels. Visual Studio Code with the Glow IDE extension provides an all-in-one editor, compiler, and simulator to create and view animations.
No external hardware is needed to get started, and sample animations will get you up to speed quickly. For you makers out there, the Elektra LED development board is available.
Follow the install instructions on the project homepage to get started.
- A single glowscript program can run 256 independent animation threads and drive over 1000 LEDs.
- LEDs can be grouped and assigned to multiple animation threads to create complex light patterns.
- Animation z-ordering allows superimposed animations.
- Timing instructions permit LED color changes as rapidly as every millisecond or as slowly as every month.
- Color data compression reduces complex animations to a compact footprint.
- Syntax coloring to provide at-a-glance syntax validation.
- Auto-closing brackets & quotes.
- Code snippets to rapidly insert commands.
- Generates binary output interpretable by devices running Glow OS.
- Line-specific warning/error messages.
- Checks the rom/ram/thread usage of your animation.
Device threads usage: 19.5% (50 of 256 threads).
Device RAM usage: 2.4% (608 of 25,000 bytes).
Device ROM usage: 1.3% (2,624 of 200,000 bytes).
Build completed successfully.
Glow IDE extension is a cross-platform project for Linux, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10.
Minimum system requirements
- 2 GHz dual core processor.
- 8 GB system memory.
- 64-bit operating system.