Read Time for Visual Studio Code
A Visual Studio Code extension ideal for writers who want an estimate for how long it may take to read your markdown.
- Open Extensions sidebar panel in Visual Studio Code.
View → Extensions
- Search for
- Click Install
- Click Reload, if required
Commands can be found in the command palette. Look for commands beginning with
- Display the estimated minutes to read your markdown file in the status bar
- Hover over the status bar item to see the tooltip
- Enable/disable the read time calculation and status bar item
||Specifies whether it is enabled
||Specifies the file types to estimate the time to read.
||Specifies the estimated words per minute that a user may read.
["markdown"], but can be an array of any file types (languageId) that you want to estimate read time.
200, but can be any number representing the number of words per minute you wish to use in the calculation.
Loading More data ...