This project implements a Visual Studio Code extension that provides tools for ZX Spectrum application development. The tool is based on the features of SpectNetIde, but — as Visual Studio Code allows — you can use it on Mac, Windows, and Linux.
Right now, this tool is under development (in alpha phase).
- Audio timing is not perfect, you may experience lag and noise.
Though there's a long way to go while the IDE will provide all core features, you can try the ZX Spectrum emulator. To discover it, go through these tutorials, in this very order:
As the project goes on, I will add new tutorials.
- Integrated ZX Spectrum Emulator: You can use a ZX Spectrum Emulator tool right in the Visual Studio Code IDE. Now, it supports
ZX Spectrum 48K, and ZX Spectrum 128K.
I plan to create all features of SpectNetIde,
which have sense in Visual Studio Code.
- Disassembler and debug tools: You can debug ZX Spectrum programs using disassembly, register, and memory views. You can edit code annotations that are saved into the project. (planned)
- Tape Explorer to examine
.tap files. You can peek into the BASIC programs they contain, or disassembly the code in the tape files. (planned)
- BASIC List view to display the BASIC program list loaded into the memory
- Full-blown Z80 assembly programming. The SpectNetVsc Assembler provides you a robust Z80 assembler and related toolset. You can immediately compile your code and run it in the ZX Spectrum Emulator. (planned)
- Unit tests for Z80 code. I'm planning to transfer the Z80 test language that allows you to define and run unit tests for your Z80 code. (planned)
ZX Spectrum Models
I plan to support these ZX Spectrum models in SpectNetVsc:
It (will) support the following ZX Spectrum models:
- ZX Spectrum 48K — completed
- ZX Spectrum 128K — completed
- ZX Spectrum +3E — under development
- ZX Spectrum Next — under design
- As I develop this project under Windows, any testing under Mac and Linux would help me a lot.
- If you look into the code and find issues or suggestions in regard to code quality, please let me know. Moreover, you may help me to fix those issues and improve the quality.
For details, please contact me: email@example.com